Posted to alt.home.repair
desgnr[_2_] desgnr[_2_] is offline

Default Removing paint stain

The stain is not from the blue tape.
What happened is when i was cutting in i accidently painted past the tape &
i immediately wiped the excess paint off with a dampened paper towel .
I probally didn"t get it all off completely ,after it dried & i removed the
tape i see a light of coat that was left on the ceiling & now that it is dry
can i get it off ?
"Evan" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 5:50 pm, "desgnr" wrote:
How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing
painters
tape ?

What sort of stain ?

Painter's tape has special glue so it won't destroy the wall finish
unless it
is left on for weeks or months longer than necessary...

It sounds like you didn't press the tape onto the surface properly and
had
paint leak around the tape... Or you cut in with much more paint than
was
needed and it bled into the tape even though you pressed the tape on
properly because of the excessive amount of paint you used cutting
in...

If you put painter's tape on a wall that was recently painted and had
not
yet fully dried, the tape can and will pull that new paint layer right
off the
wall when you remove the tape... The directions on the painter's tape
warn of this...

Please tell us more about the "stains" so that we can figure out what
you did incorrectly and give you advice on how to prevent the mistake
in the future...

Your only way to remove any "stains" at present is to paint more coats
on the surface that is stained until you can no longer see the
"stains"...

~~ Evan