Posted to alt.home.repair
cakbusservices

Default Removing a stain

What can I use to remove a stain from spilled Pepto Bismal on white
carpeting? I have tried Bissell cleaning with my deep cleaner and soda.
the stain is bout six months old.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:43:55 -0500, cakbusservices noreply@ wrote:

What can I use to remove a stain from spilled Pepto Bismal on white
carpeting? I have tried Bissell cleaning with my deep cleaner and soda.
the stain is bout six months old.

Sometimes "Resolve" will remove a stain. It is a moist powder that is
brushed in to the carpet, allowed to dry, then vacuumed.

Another method. In a 4 cup container heat 1 cup water to boiling.
Carefully add 2 tablespoons of Oxyclean and stir until dissolved. When
you add the powder it will quickly foam up. Use the hot mixture on
the carpet stain. If you can get a plastic sheet under the stain,
that will help. Also, you should test a inconspicuous area, such as
in the closet, before you try this method. If the Oxyclean lightens
the stain, but does not completely remove it, repeat the procedure.