Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Part For KitchenAid KDS-18

Pump motors are not available anymore (they were at $339). So I need
bearings, and they seem to be non-standard. NSK 203 is on the
bearings (ID .750",OD 1.575",W .475")
I have found a seal kit on eBay, but have spent hours trying to find
bearings.

Thanks for any help.
bob_v
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob Villa" wrote in message
Pump motors are not available anymore (they were at $339). So I need
bearings, and they seem to be non-standard. NSK 203 is on the
bearings (ID .750",OD 1.575",W .475")
I have found a seal kit on eBay, but have spent hours trying to find
bearings.

Thanks for any help.
bob_v

Check the dimensions.
http://www.fesyy.com/dailipinpai/inf...O%20 Bearings
Inside Diameter
17mm
Outside Diameter
40mm
Thickness
12mm

Check here
http://www.plccenter.com/buy/FAFNIR+BEARING/203KDD
or here
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/17mm
or here
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...73046&PMT4NO=0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 15, 8:41*am, Bob Villa wrote:
Pump motors are not available anymore (they were at $339). So I need
bearings, and they seem to be non-standard. *NSK 203 is on the
bearings (ID .750",OD 1.575",W .475")
I have found a seal kit on eBay, but have spent hours trying to find
bearings.

Thanks for any help.
bob_v

BV-

Seems like maybe a metric bearing or some crazy hybrid?

40mm OD / 12mm Width are a very good match 1.5748 x .
4724

but Grainger & McMaster only have ones with 17mm bore & you need more
like 19mm or so

this is the closest I could find..... a bit of an odd ball but might
work

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit8836

6203-2RS-12 3/4" Bearing 0.750" inch ID 3/4"x40x12 Sealed
Code: Kit8836
Price: $4.95

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
[...]

Interesting. I've never seen an imperial ID with metric OD. All the 203
bearings I found were 17mm ID.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 15, 11:32*am, DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

Thanks to all...I went with Bob's suggestion vxb thu Amazon. Nice to
contact people who have BTDT!

bob_v

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2010 10:41 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
Pump motors are not available anymore (they were at $339). So I need
bearings, and they seem to be non-standard. NSK 203 is on the
bearings (ID .750",OD 1.575",W .475")
I have found a seal kit on eBay, but have spent hours trying to find
bearings.

Thanks for any help.
bob_v

Is there a Motion Industries supply house in your area? MI
carries all sorts of bearings and is staffed by some very
knowledgeable people. A pump repair shop could be another
source, the guys there often have to modify pumps to use
newer bearings when old ones are discontinued.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you do not have a bearing house in your area, contact NAPA auto
parts. They may have or know where to acquire. They will need
the number on the bearing to cross reference. They will be
cheaper at a bearing house.

--
DanG