Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Last year, I needed a part for my Kenmore dishwasher, but I happened to be
driving by my favorite appliance store, so I stopped in. The parts guy
checked his computer and found the machine took the same part as two other
brands. Problem solved. Check your yellow pages for real appliance stores
which sell parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2008 6:59 PM JoeSpareBedroom spake thus:

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but
seems like the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would
work but I'd like to find the closest replacement or whatever the
mfg recommends.

Last year, I needed a part for my Kenmore dishwasher, but I happened to be
driving by my favorite appliance store, so I stopped in. The parts guy
checked his computer and found the machine took the same part as two other
brands. Problem solved. Check your yellow pages for real appliance stores
which sell parts.

Like Reliable Parts: http://reliableparts.com. I use their local branch
and have always gotten good results from them.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

I usually have pretty good luck with www.repairclinic.com
I tried your model number and only came up with some type of special
order seal kit.
But when I tried KitchenaidStoveKnob there were quite a few
hits. Maybe one of them is close to what you're looking for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Sears sold KA cootops..have you tried them for "parts"?
They had a knob for a 10 YO Kenmore washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones too

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.

No appliance parts dealers right in your town?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Kraus wrote in
m:

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.

It's a hidden link. Find the pixel :-)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kraus View Post
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.
I found replacement control knobs (part number 305177-1) for the KitchenAid Gas Cooktop model KGCS-1340.
The replacement part number is 4163913.

I ordered and received 4 of the knobs from Universal Appliance Parts Inc. at a cost of $13.23 each plus $9.86 shipping. The parts appear to be exact replacements.

Big Knobs visionset UK diy 3 October 28th 07 10:29 PM
KitchenAid cooktop burner problem [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 11th 07 07:30 PM
Kitchenaid Cooktop Spark Ignitor Art Todesco Home Repair 1 January 15th 07 09:21 PM
I'm looking for some knobs ;-) The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 9 September 16th 06 10:47 PM
Cooktop cut out hole too big for new cooktop kaasman Home Repair 4 January 17th 06 05:56 PM