DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/244785-knobs-kitchenaid-cooktop.html)

Steve Kraus April 15th 08 01:56 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

JoeSpareBedroom April 15th 08 02:59 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Last year, I needed a part for my Kenmore dishwasher, but I happened to be
driving by my favorite appliance store, so I stopped in. The parts guy
checked his computer and found the machine took the same part as two other
brands. Problem solved. Check your yellow pages for real appliance stores
which sell parts.

David Nebenzahl April 15th 08 06:05 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

On 4/14/2008 6:59 PM JoeSpareBedroom spake thus:

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but
seems like the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would
work but I'd like to find the closest replacement or whatever the
mfg recommends.

Last year, I needed a part for my Kenmore dishwasher, but I happened to be
driving by my favorite appliance store, so I stopped in. The parts guy
checked his computer and found the machine took the same part as two other
brands. Problem solved. Check your yellow pages for real appliance stores
which sell parts.

Like Reliable Parts: http://reliableparts.com. I use their local branch
and have always gotten good results from them.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

The Streets April 15th 08 01:10 PM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
m...
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

I usually have pretty good luck with www.repairclinic.com
I tried your model number and only came up with some type of special
order seal kit.
But when I tried KitchenaidStoveKnob there were quite a few
hits. Maybe one of them is close to what you're looking for.

Rudy April 16th 08 05:52 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Sears sold KA cootops..have you tried them for "parts"?
They had a knob for a 10 YO Kenmore washer.

Rudy April 16th 08 06:12 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd
like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones too

Steve Kraus April 17th 08 02:47 AM

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.

JoeSpareBedroom April 17th 08 02:56 AM

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.

No appliance parts dealers right in your town?

Red Green April 18th 08 04:40 AM

Knobs for Kitchenaid cooktop

Steve Kraus wrote in
m:

Rudy wrote:

Try this webpage.. 9 pages of knobs, many with pictures.
Our KA 1998 gas cooktop knobs are there.

Also, KA and Whirlpool are the same company..check the Whirlpool ones
too

Thanks but I think you forgot the link.

It's a hidden link. Find the pixel :-)

Fred01 April 15th 12 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kraus (Post 1885818)
A Kitchenaid (Hobart) gas cooktop needs 4 replacement knobs but seems like
the originals are NLA. I'm sure all kinds of knobs would work but I'd like
to find the closest replacement or whatever the mfg recommends.

It's model KGCS1340, 4 burners (no griddle), knobs on top.

I found replacement control knobs (part number 305177-1) for the KitchenAid Gas Cooktop model KGCS-1340.
The replacement part number is 4163913.

I ordered and received 4 of the knobs from Universal Appliance Parts Inc. at a cost of $13.23 each plus $9.86 shipping. The parts appear to be exact replacements.