Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 330-Square-Foot Apartment Holds 20 Rooms

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 1:55*pm, Oren wrote:
"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

A higher resolution video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

Very cool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 3:13*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 5, 1:55*pm, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

A higher resolution video on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

Very cool.

Cool indeed, but think about living there on a daily basis. I'm in no
way putting down the guy's ingenuity and engineering ability, but we
would certainly need to adapt our habits to live there.

When I boil pasta, I don't hang around the kitchen waiting for the
water to boil or the pasta to cook. I do however check it on a regular
basis. Going in and out of a room that sometimes exists, sometimes
doesn't could get pretty inconvenient.

Trying to watch a football game while cooking would be next to
impossible since you lose the TV (heck, you lose the TV *room*) when
you use the kitchen counter.

You'd better make your popcorn *before* you start the movie. ;-)

I'm sure that there are many other ways that we multi-task in our
stationary homes and apartments that couldn't be done in that place.

I wonder where he kept all his stuff while he was building the
systems. Even more curious - think about trying to actually *install*
the system in such a tight space. That must have been an engineering
feat unto itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55*am, Oren wrote:
"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other. No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 4:11*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:55*am, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other. No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.

"No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children."

Who goes crazy and kills kindergarten children?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55 am, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed
in close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill
each other. No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.

"No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children."

Who goes crazy and kills kindergarten children?

the chinese. read the news lately?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55*am, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other.

Anybody that started out with two mice, or rabbits, figured that out
within a few generations.
Self-limiting populations are the norm. It's stupid to think that
humans are exempt.

No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.

"No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children."

Who goes crazy and kills kindergarten children?

Molloy is referring to the spate of Chinese student killings in the
news. Copycat killings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 4:41*pm, "chaniarts" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Who goes crazy and kills kindergarten children?

the chinese. read the news lately?

Obviously he didn't read those articles, so why are you asking?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55 am, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed
in close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill
each other. No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.

"No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children."

Who goes crazy and kills kindergarten children?

the chinese. read the news lately?- Hide quoted text -

The question was actually in reference to the sentence structure that
Molly used.

Her paragraph discusses mice and guinea pigs and how *they* (the mice
and guinea pigs) "started to attack and kill each other."

She then immediately followed that (in the same paragraph) with "No
wonder every once in a while *they* go crazy and kill kindergarten
children."

From a strictly English language perspective, that means that the mice
and guinea pigs were killing the children.

P.S. Yes, I read the news often.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55 am, Oren wrote:

[...]

From a strictly English language perspective, that means that the mice
and guinea pigs were killing the children.

P.S. Yes, I read the news often.- Hide quoted text -

Common sense anyone? We aren’t discussing mice or guinea pigs or even
the Chinese on an alt.home.repair forum. We must most likely be
discussing living space? What do you think?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:11:01 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other.

Even an alligator will eat it's young.

Painting jail holding cells red / pink will cause the tenant too
become more prone to violence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other.

Even an alligator will eat it's *young.

Painting jail holding cells red / pink will cause the tenant too
become more prone to violence.

No NOT correct. The rodents did NOT start attacking their own UNTIL
the population went over a threshold. If you want I can look up the
article for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 5, 10:55 am, Oren wrote:

[...]

From a strictly English language perspective, that means that the mice
and guinea pigs were killing the children.

P.S. Yes, I read the news often.- Hide quoted text -

Common sense anyone? We aren’t discussing mice or guinea pigs or even
the Chinese on an alt.home.repair forum. We must most likely be
discussing living space? What do you think?- Hide quoted text -

'We aren’t discussing mice or guinea pigs or even the Chinese on
an alt.home.repair forum."

We aren't?

You brought up all three! (even if you did do it in an grammatically
incorrect manner)

If fact, you continued to discuss the mice or guinea pigs when you
responded with "The rodents did NOT start attacking their own UNTIL
the population went over a threshold."

If that's not a discussion, what is?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs –I
don’t remember which- in the 1970’s where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other.

Even an alligator will eat it's *young.

Painting jail holding cells red / pink will cause the tenant too
become more prone to violence.

No NOT correct. The rodents did NOT start attacking their own UNTIL
the population went over a threshold. If you want I can look up the
article for you.

Don't look it up.

...."Even an alligator will eat it's *young...."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

Reminds me of that GEICO "Tiny House" commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lomy7xAVDKE

-- Steven L.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I remember reading about that, in my psych text books. Over crowding
leads to agression -- like the gangs on the streets of Bronx. And like
lab rats who go on the rampage and kill kindergarden children.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Molly Brown"
wrote in message

I remember that they did these experiments on mice or guinea pigs -I
don't remember which- in the 1970's where they were forced to breed in
close quarters and after a while they started to attack and kill each
other. No wonder every once in a while they go crazy and kill
kindergarten children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lab rats, silly! Lab rats with assault rifles, and camoflauge BDUs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus