Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 330-Square-Foot Apartment Holds 20 Rooms

On Aug 5, 3:13*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 5, 1:55*pm, Oren wrote:

"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most
densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are
included in the size of properties."

"One designer has taken that concept to the extreme and squeezed 20
rooms into a 330-square-foot apartment."

Video: (use full screen mode)

http://www.koat.com/r/24523727/detail.html

A higher resolution video on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

Very cool.

Cool indeed, but think about living there on a daily basis. I'm in no
way putting down the guy's ingenuity and engineering ability, but we
would certainly need to adapt our habits to live there.

When I boil pasta, I don't hang around the kitchen waiting for the
water to boil or the pasta to cook. I do however check it on a regular
basis. Going in and out of a room that sometimes exists, sometimes
doesn't could get pretty inconvenient.

Trying to watch a football game while cooking would be next to
impossible since you lose the TV (heck, you lose the TV *room*) when
you use the kitchen counter.

You'd better make your popcorn *before* you start the movie. ;-)

I'm sure that there are many other ways that we multi-task in our
stationary homes and apartments that couldn't be done in that place.

I wonder where he kept all his stuff while he was building the
systems. Even more curious - think about trying to actually *install*
the system in such a tight space. That must have been an engineering
feat unto itself.