Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire refrigerator is not blowing colder air. Please help.

It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues.
Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming
from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is
FRS26ZRGWA. Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 7:15*pm, wrote:
It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues.
Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming
from the vent in the refrigerator side. *The model number is
FRS26ZRGWA. *Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia

Let me correct myself. I hear the refrigerator running, but I don't
feel any air coming of the freezer side either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:15:13 -0700, bird_222 wrote:

It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues.
Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming
from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is FRS26ZRGWA.
Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It could also be a thermal switch. This shuts off the power to the hot wire
after the ice melts. After many years, they sometimes get stuck open.

You can check the timer if it has a clock motor (vs electronic) because
there will be a hole where you can stick a wide screwdriver to advance it
manually. You can check the position of the slot and see if it advances 10
minutes later. If it doesn't advance then you can turn it until you hear a
thump and the defroster will turn on for a few minutes. When the defroster
turns on, it will drain water into a pan underneath the frig.

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:15:13 -0700, bird_222 wrote:

It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues.
Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming
from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is FRS26ZRGWA.
Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like defrost failure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Aug 4, 7:15 pm, wrote:
It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC
issues.
Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air
coming
from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is
FRS26ZRGWA. Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia

Let me correct myself. I hear the refrigerator running, but I don't
feel any air coming of the freezer side either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.

Or the evaporator fan is not working causing the coil to freeze

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 9:11*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jeff The Drunk" wrote

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.

Or the evaporator fan is not working causing the coil to freeze

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also,
the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat
in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned
the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section
and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal
part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't
recall feeling that before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Aug 4, 9:11 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jeff The Drunk" wrote

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.

Or the evaporator fan is not working causing the coil to freeze

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also,
the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat
in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned
the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section
and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal
part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't
recall feeling that before

That is normal. There is low wattage heaters in that area. Mostly needed in
high humidity areas. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
-snip-
what they want to eat. I get irritated with those who remove items from
the refrigerator, make a sandwich prepare a cold drink put the items
back in the fridge and only then do they SHUT THE FREAKING DOOR.

I've got one of those in my house. It amazes me how many gyrations
she goes through to keep that door open while she does stuff. Like,
if it closes, it will never open again & she'll be left with a 1/2
gallon of 1/2 & 1/2 that she'll have to drink on the spot.

There's no changing the old gal, though-- and she's kind of fun to
have around, so I just try to leave the room when she heads for the
fridge.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2010 6:15 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
The Daring wrote:
-snip-
what they want to eat. I get irritated with those who remove items from
the refrigerator, make a sandwich prepare a cold drink put the items
back in the fridge and only then do they SHUT THE FREAKING DOOR.

I've got one of those in my house. It amazes me how many gyrations
she goes through to keep that door open while she does stuff. Like,
if it closes, it will never open again& she'll be left with a 1/2
gallon of 1/2& 1/2 that she'll have to drink on the spot.

There's no changing the old gal, though-- and she's kind of fun to
have around, so I just try to leave the room when she heads for the
fridge.

Jim

I have a fire horn that's quite loud and I may use it as a door
alarm for the fridge. It would be setup to go off after 10-15
seconds if the door is left open. There are some folks who would
not be fazed by such an alarm and would leave the darn door open
with the thing blasting away.

TDD