Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are liberals ever happy?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/...unhappy_robber
Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/...unhappy_robber

The article has NOTHING to do with liberals or any political position.
It is merely a robbery story.

It doesn't belong on a home repair forum.

What kind of person posts this on a home repair forum and attempts to
tie it to 'unhappy liberals'?

Stupid.................

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smarty" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/...unhappy_robber

The article has NOTHING to do with liberals or any political position.
It is merely a robbery story.

It doesn't belong on a home repair forum.

What kind of person posts this on a home repair forum and attempts to
tie it to 'unhappy liberals'?

Stupid.................

You must be a Liberal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"JimT" wrote in
net:

"Smarty" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/...unhappy_robber

The article has NOTHING to do with liberals or any political position.
It is merely a robbery story.

It doesn't belong on a home repair forum.

What kind of person posts this on a home repair forum and attempts to
tie it to 'unhappy liberals'?

Stupid.................

You must be a Liberal.

I thought Atlanta was red-neck country.
ducking

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2010 5:47 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
net:

wrote in message
JimT wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100801/...unhappy_robber

The article has NOTHING to do with liberals or any political position.
It is merely a robbery story.

It doesn't belong on a home repair forum.

What kind of person posts this on a home repair forum and attempts to
tie it to 'unhappy liberals'?

Stupid.................

You must be a Liberal.

I thought Atlanta was red-neck country.
ducking

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:i367s9$93c
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

You must be a Liberal.

I thought Atlanta was red-neck country.
ducking

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

Obama will be there today (Monday, Aug 2nd) along with almost no Democratic
office holders.

And it's not just Atlanta. Most capitol cities are more liberal than their
contemporaries. They also have a higher percentage of pretty women (clerical
workers).

You've got to take the good with the bad...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

Obama will be there today (Monday, Aug 2nd) along with almost no Democratic
office holders.

Where'd you see that gem? I see the Gov. will be elsewhere-- but also
that Rep. Lewis is holding a fundraiser luncheon where Obama-- bound
to be a few Dems there.

Oh- and BTW. The reason Obama will be in Atlanta is to talk to the
Disabled American Veterans group, something GW never did.

And it's not just Atlanta. Most capitol cities are more liberal than their
contemporaries. They also have a higher percentage of pretty women (clerical
workers).

Make that *big*, not capitol. Albany, NY is a mildly D-- but NY City
is *very* D. You want to see blood sport, watch the political fights
between rural upstate NY & NY City.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 5:54*am, Han wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in news:i367s9$93c
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. *Very nice Aquarium. *The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking distance
to the convention center (in december).

We spend a weekend there every few months. Of the large cities, I
like Minneapolis and Atlanta. Atlanta wins on weather. ;-) I
thought the aquarium was way expensive for what it was.

We're thinking of retiring (in perhaps five to ten years) somewhere a
little closer to Atlanta.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 7:13*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
[...]

Montpelier isn't very big (8000). Springfield has a population of
120K and Montgomery is 200K, or so. All small, as cities go, and all
pretty 'D'. Must be something about living off a host....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

keith wrote in
:

On Aug 2, 5:54*am, Han wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in

3c
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical
conferences isn't giving you enough time to really see it. *Very nice
Aquarium. *

The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distan

ce
to the convention center (in december).

We spend a weekend there every few months. Of the large cities, I
like Minneapolis and Atlanta. Atlanta wins on weather. ;-) I
thought the aquarium was way expensive for what it was.

We're thinking of retiring (in perhaps five to ten years) somewhere a
little closer to Atlanta.

The American Society of Hematology always has an evening of more or less
fun. Since you're talking to scientific colleagues you don't have to pay
yourself. Moreover, even if I had to, I'd go to these portions of the
meeting. Too much fun. I beliee the cost is $25-50, and includes dinner
and 2 drinks. Not bad.

I have no idea what the "normal" costs are. Taking your grandchildren
there would be great fun, I can guarantee you.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 7:52*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

And it's not just Atlanta. Most capitol cities are more liberal than their
contemporaries. They also have a higher percentage of pretty women (clerical
workers).

Clerical workers...? The better looking the woman, the more quickly
she advances. Same goes for a man. And maybe it's not a higher
percentage, just more of 'em. It makes walking difficult. There are
more than a few NYC street signs with my profile impressed on the
post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

Obama will be there today (Monday, Aug 2nd) along with almost no
Democratic office holders.

Where'd you see that gem? I see the Gov. will be elsewhere-- but also
that Rep. Lewis is holding a fundraiser luncheon where Obama-- bound
to be a few Dems there.

See what? That Obama will be in Atlana? That's easy enough to check. As for
absent Democrats, I got that from the local Atlanta TV station:

DEMOCRATS SCATTER MONDAY AS OBAMA COMES TO TOWN

"If you think this will be a time for Democrats running for office to rally
around the chief executive- -you probably haven't been following the
campaigns this summer."

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/st...48382&catid=40

Oh- and BTW. The reason Obama will be in Atlanta is to talk to the
Disabled American Veterans group, something GW never did.

Bush did make 167 private visits to wounded veterans at Walter Reed and
other institutions. He's kept that up by a recent visit to the Ft Hood
shooting survivors.

On the other hand, President Obama elected to skip last year's Medal of
Honor ball, the first president ever to do so.

And it's not just Atlanta. Most capitol cities are more liberal than
their contemporaries. They also have a higher percentage of pretty
women (clerical workers).

Make that *big*, not capitol. Albany, NY is a mildly D-- but NY City
is *very* D. You want to see blood sport, watch the political fights
between rural upstate NY & NY City.

Or the women in NYC. Being Queen of the Bowl Weevil Pagent in Mobile,
Alabama doesn't really allow one to compete with the models from Vogue. I
read an article from one 20-something gal in NY who complained she had had
one-and-a-half dates in two years (the half was an out-of-town cousin).

On the other hand, it can be heaven for fixit-uppers.

One chick said the first thing she did with her new apartment was find a
single man in the same building with a tool kit. When she has a "honey-do,"
she invites him for dinner. Their mental conversations went along the lines:

She: "He's a miracle worker. He can put up a towel rack that won't fall down
and all I have to do is throw a couple more potatoes in the pot!"

He: "She's a miracle worker. For a couple of fifty-cent brackets, I get a
home-made rack-of-lamb dinner!"

Then they have sex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 9:41*am, Han wrote:
keith wrote :

On Aug 2, 5:54*am, Han wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in

3c
:

[...]

The aquarium seems to have a pretty good business hosting such
affairs.

I have no idea what the "normal" costs are. *Taking your grandchildren
there would be great fun, I can guarantee you.

It was alright, but *expensive*, on the order of a day at
MickeyWorld. The Titanic exhibit was quite interesting, but in all I
didn't think it was worth the money. I wouldn't go again. Sure, if I
had grandkids, we'd take them. Maybe in a few years. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 9:43*am, Han wrote:
keith wrote in news:95107f83-2cb8-4966-b60c-
:

Montpelier isn't very big (8000). *Springfield has a population of
120K and Montgomery is 200K, or so. All small, as cities go, and all
pretty 'D'. *Must be something about living off a host....

I'm pretty D & liberal, but I'd like to have legislatures function on the
same budgets as 60 years ago, of course inflation-adjusted, but without
pay-to-play or whatever it's called.

That's quite an illiberal attitude. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 10:43*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
[...]

At least we're back on topic.

Then they have sex.

Oops! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

The only place I spent any time there is at the airport and it's the nicest
airport I've ever seen. g Made Austin's seem ridiculously tiny and Rome's
(Da Vinci) seem like a dump. Which it is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

Obama will be there today (Monday, Aug 2nd) along with almost no
Democratic office holders.

Where'd you see that gem? I see the Gov. will be elsewhere-- but also
that Rep. Lewis is holding a fundraiser luncheon where Obama-- bound
to be a few Dems there.

See what? That Obama will be in Atlana? That's easy enough to check. As for
absent Democrats, I got that from the local Atlanta TV station:

DEMOCRATS SCATTER MONDAY AS OBAMA COMES TO TOWN

"If you think this will be a time for Democrats running for office to rally
around the chief executive- -you probably haven't been following the
campaigns this summer."

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/st...48382&catid=40

So I read the article. First it says "If you think this will be a
time for Democrats running for office to rally around the chief
executive- -you probably haven't been following the campaigns this
summer."

Then it mentions a former Gov. & challenger who will be out of town.
But the sitting Gov. will be greeting Obama.

Then it goes into a bunch about when Clinton camet to GA in 1996. It
makes no mention of any other "democrats running for office". It
doesn't mention what else Obama will be doing in GA-- namely *meeting
with Democrats.* Lousy article.

The "almost no democratic officeholders" that you claim comes from
that article had to come from someplace else.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

keith wrote in news:ab4dad34-9421-48fc-8c37-
:

Sure, if I had grandkids, we'd take them. Maybe in a few years. ;-)

Have to give the kids the opportunity. We had to babysit son's
#1 offspring for a few days to get them to start #2 ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

keith wrote in
:

On Aug 2, 9:43*am, Han wrote:
keith wrote in news:95107f83-2cb8-4966-b60c-
:

Montpelier isn't very big (8000). *Springfield has a population of
120K and Montgomery is 200K, or so. All small, as cities go, and
all pretty 'D'. *Must be something about living off a host....

I'm pretty D & liberal, but I'd like to have legislatures function on
the same budgets as 60 years ago, of course inflation-adjusted, but
without pay-to-play or whatever it's called.

That's quite an illiberal attitude. ;-)

I'm close to pinko, but with fiscal restraint. Pay as you go, with
compassion to those less fortunate.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/10 11:55 AM, JimT wrote:

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

The only place I spent any time there is at the airport and it's the
nicest airport I've ever seen. g Made Austin's seem ridiculously tiny
and Rome's (Da Vinci) seem like a dump. Which it is.

You don't seem like a very happy person. Must be a liberal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
-snip-
[...]

FWIW: Our Republican governor is making a special effort to meet with Obama
here in Texas to talk about immigration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Karl" wrote in message
On 8/2/10 11:55 AM, JimT wrote:

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical
conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

The only place I spent any time there is at the airport and it's the
nicest airport I've ever seen. g Made Austin's seem ridiculously tiny
and Rome's (Da Vinci) seem like a dump. Which it is.

You don't seem like a very happy person. Must be a liberal.

Libertarian. We're miserable.

#1 offspring for a few days to get them to start #2 ...

The "kids" have been married for two years, now. SWMBO is getting
antsy. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 11:55*am, "JimT" wrote:
"Han" wrote in message

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. *Very nice Aquarium. *The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

The only place I spent any time there is at the airport and it's the nicest
airport I've ever seen. g Made Austin's seem ridiculously tiny and Rome's
(Da Vinci) seem like a dump. Which it is.

Believe it or not, but Pittsburgh has a very nice airport. It's not
anywhere close to the size of even one concourse at ATL, but it's
nice. AIUI, Pittsburgh has a deal that none of the vendors can charge
more in the airport than they do in their other places of business.
Eats is cheap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 12:19*pm, Han wrote:
keith wrote :

On Aug 2, 9:43*am, Han wrote:
keith wrote in news:95107f83-2cb8-4966-b60c-
:

Montpelier isn't very big (8000). *Springfield has a population of
120K and Montgomery is 200K, or so. All small, as cities go, and
all pretty 'D'. *Must be something about living off a host....

I'm pretty D & liberal, but I'd like to have legislatures function on
the same budgets as 60 years ago, of course inflation-adjusted, but
without pay-to-play or whatever it's called.

That's quite an illiberal attitude. *;-)

I'm close to pinko, but with fiscal restraint. *Pay as you go, with
compassion to those less fortunate.

It's not compassion when people are forced to "give".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 2, 12:09*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
-snip-
[...]

The sitting governor is term-limited out. He doesn't have to run
(away).

Then it goes into a bunch about when Clinton camet to GA in 1996. It
makes no mention of any other "democrats running for office". *It
doesn't mention what else Obama will be doing in GA-- namely *meeting
with Democrats.* *Lousy article.

The "almost no democratic officeholders" that you claim comes from
that article had to come from someplace else.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

[...]

Not my claim, I'm simply your humble reporter - the TV station trumpeted
such with their headline: "Democrats scatter Monday..."

And you're right, the governor of Georgia was on hand to greet the
president. Class act, Governor Purdue (R-Georgia).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2010 5:54 AM, Han wrote:
The Daring wrote in news:i367s9$93c
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking distance
to the convention center (in december).

I remember you telling me you worked in the medical field, research
I think. Have you ever been to UAB in Birmingham? There is a ton of
medical research going on in the city at many locations. It was once
a steel production center but has switched to a rather large medical
research and treatment center. There is a lot of cutting edge stuff
going on here and not many people around the country realize it.

How on earth could something like that exist in Alabamastan is what
most people think when they find out. 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:i37dl6$pgm
:

I remember you telling me you worked in the medical field, research
I think. Have you ever been to UAB in Birmingham? There is a ton of
medical research going on in the city at many locations. It was once
a steel production center but has switched to a rather large medical
research and treatment center. There is a lot of cutting edge stuff
going on here and not many people around the country realize it.

How on earth could something like that exist in Alabamastan is what
most people think when they find out. 8-)

As far as I know, I have never been to AL. Good research can be done
almost anywhere, even these days of technology-driven (i.e. expensive)
research. While I can't come up with a name in my fields of interest, that
doesn't mean anything.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message
net...

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Nope, Atlanta has attracted vermin from all over the world. It's
swarming with illegal aliens.

It seems like a nice city, but spending time there at medical conferences
isn't giving you enough time to really see it. Very nice Aquarium. The
cheap dump hotel I had last time spoiled a lot, but it was walking
distance
to the convention center (in december).

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

The only place I spent any time there is at the airport and it's the
nicest airport I've ever seen. g Made Austin's seem ridiculously tiny
and Rome's (Da Vinci) seem like a dump. Which it is.

For me, the New Orleans airport has always been interesting -- Louis
Armstrong airport is one of only three major airports in the world named
after a musician, so far as I know --

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I remember you telling me you worked in the medical field, research
I think. Have you ever been to UAB in Birmingham? There is a ton of
medical research going on in the city at many locations. It was once
a steel production center but has switched to a rather large medical
research and treatment center. There is a lot of cutting edge stuff
going on here and not many people around the country realize it.

How on earth could something like that exist in Alabamastan is what
most people think when they find out. 8-)

Except, perhaps, those who work at the Marshall Space Flight Center in
Huntsville.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2010 9:24 PM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I remember you telling me you worked in the medical field, research
I think. Have you ever been to UAB in Birmingham? There is a ton of
medical research going on in the city at many locations. It was once
a steel production center but has switched to a rather large medical
research and treatment center. There is a lot of cutting edge stuff
going on here and not many people around the country realize it.

How on earth could something like that exist in Alabamastan is what
most people think when they find out. 8-)

Except, perhaps, those who work at the Marshall Space Flight Center in
Huntsville.

When I landed at The Kwajalein Missile Range back in 1987, folks
greeted us with "Hey Y'all". Many of the people there were from
Huntsville, Alabama. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Except, perhaps, those who work at the Marshall Space Flight Center
in Huntsville.

When I landed at The Kwajalein Missile Range back in 1987, folks
greeted us with "Hey Y'all". Many of the people there were from
Huntsville, Alabama. 8-)

The lifestyle is spreading.

I heard of a Prius up on blocks in a San Francisco frontyard. The guy who
lives there calls himself a "blueneck."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Dont forget to shut the door as you leave alt.home.repair. You wont be
allowed back !!!

Now who's the troll? PLONK!