Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PAR38 CLFL with frosted glass

Are there any CFLs in size PAR38 with frosted glass? I looked at Home
Depot and Lows, and the only ones in PAR38 have clear glass. (I did
find PAR30 CFL with frosted glass.)
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jan Philips" wrote in message
Are there any CFLs in size PAR38 with frosted glass? I looked at Home
Depot and Lows, and the only ones in PAR38 have clear glass. (I did
find PAR30 CFL with frosted glass.)
--
Replace you know what by j to email

To the best of my recollection:

Indoor reflector floods that size are size R40, and I use some of them
(CFLs) with frosted glass

Par38 is a heavy duty glass suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Are you
using them for outdoor applications?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:20:55 -0400, "Real ****er"
wrote:

Indoor reflector floods that size are size R40, and I use some of them
(CFLs) with frosted glass

Par38 is a heavy duty glass suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Are you
using them for outdoor applications?

It is indoor, and you are right about the heavy duty glass. The only
sizes I saw for CFLs at the two places were 30 and 38. But it
probably is a 40.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Indoor reflector floods that size are size R40, and I use some of them
(CFLs) with frosted glass

Par38 is a heavy duty glass suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Are you
using them for outdoor applications?

It is indoor, and you are right about the heavy duty glass. The only
sizes I saw for CFLs at the two places were 30 and 38. But it
probably is a 40.

Looking at 1000bulbs.com http://preview.tinyurl.com/29gtkuw that seems
to be correct.
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Indoor reflector floods that size are size R40, and I use some of them
(CFLs) with frosted glass

Par38 is a heavy duty glass suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Are you
using them for outdoor applications?

The funny thing is that after the messages, I realized that I have
been using indoor R40 CFLs outside for over 7 years and I just put an
outdoor PAR38 inside. I just got two more PAR38s to put all of the
38s outside and bring the 40s in.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

"Frosted" glass - one side smooth - which way round? Geo[_2_] UK diy 9 July 29th 08 12:41 AM
Removing paint from frosted glass lampshades Chip UK diy 3 April 2nd 07 01:45 PM
DIY frosted glass JoeJoe UK diy 20 January 28th 06 01:17 AM
frosted glass Daniel UK diy 4 February 15th 05 11:33 AM
How to clean frosted glass table top orangetrader Home Repair 9 October 31st 04 05:33 PM