Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Briggs starter question

I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!?
Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you
destroy it an use a new one?
(It is a ******* to get off)
This is the newer style-not with the C-clip

bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 12:21*pm, Bob Villa wrote:
I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!?
Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you
destroy it an use a new one?
(It is *a ******* to get off)
This is the newer style-not with the C-clip

bob

I am not sure which type you have, does yours have the drift pin? It
can be removed, but be careful not to break any plastic.

Anything can be taken apart if done correctly and carefully.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 10:05*am, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:21*pm, Bob Villa wrote:

I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!?
Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you
destroy it an use a new one?
(It is *a ******* to get off)
This is the newer style-not with the C-clip

bob

I am not sure which type you have, does yours have the drift pin? It
can be removed, but be careful not to break any plastic.

Anything can be taken apart if done correctly and carefully.

Hank

So, I made the mistake of not taking the roll-pin out 1st...then you
don't have to mess with the spring retainer.
That's what happens when you haven't done it in a dozen years...****!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 4:16*pm, Bob Villa wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:05*am, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:

On Jul 28, 12:21*pm, Bob Villa wrote:

I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!?
Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you
destroy it an use a new one?
(It is *a ******* to get off)
This is the newer style-not with the C-clip

bob

I am not sure which type you have, does yours have the drift pin? It
can be removed, but be careful not to break any plastic.

Anything can be taken apart if done correctly and carefully.

Hank

So, I made the mistake of not taking the roll-pin out 1st...then you
don't have to mess with the spring retainer.
That's what happens when you haven't done it in a dozen years...****!- Hide quoted text -

LOL..been there done that. I don't think a whole new bendix assembly
is very expensive. May 20-25 buck.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 4:53*pm, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:
[...]

Yah, just the gear was $3.25.