Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Briggs starter question

On Jul 28, 10:05*am, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:21*pm, Bob Villa wrote:

I must have worked on this before...but I can't recall!?
Can you remove the special keeper on the end of shaft or do you
destroy it an use a new one?
(It is *a ******* to get off)
This is the newer style-not with the C-clip

bob

I am not sure which type you have, does yours have the drift pin? It
can be removed, but be careful not to break any plastic.

Anything can be taken apart if done correctly and carefully.

Hank

So, I made the mistake of not taking the roll-pin out 1st...then you
don't have to mess with the spring retainer.
That's what happens when you haven't done it in a dozen years...****!