Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do you call a central A/C intake grill?

I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the intake?

Posted to alt.home.repair

news

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the intake?

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's all
about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different kinds
of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the
intake?

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's all
about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different
kinds of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.

heh I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but it did get me thinking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message
net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the
intake?

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's
all about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different
kinds of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.

heh I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but it did get me thinking.

You can take this seriously or not. When your home is suddenly filled with
locusts, don't come crying to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in message
net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
[...]

Nah...right now I'm more concerned with water. Our chimney is leaking water
and I've had the roofing co out twice already.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:59:41 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Why "filter"?

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other
one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Why "filter"?

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other
one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
JoeSpareBedroom spewed forth:
wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on
"A/C intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Why "filter"?

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It
only takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other
one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?

Yes, they were shown to cause birth defects

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on
"A/C intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Why "filter"?

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It
only takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other
one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?

Reversible grills, or locusts?

Yes, they were shown to cause birth defects

In people, or locusts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message

I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Usually grill = metalwork used in cooking,
grille = metal (or other) work used in heating or AC.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

I call mine Monica. Connected to the big source of hot air, and really
sucks.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Elec-Tech Grill Best Grill? Keith Stelter[_2_] Home Repair 2 August 8th 19 10:44 PM
Belling Grill - grill door/hinge removal Flop UK diy 0 August 14th 07 08:26 PM
fresh air intake Dave Home Repair 4 July 15th 07 05:37 PM
Night call out -- then cancell call Stormin Mormon Home Repair 10 July 22nd 06 11:49 AM
Natural Gas Line to Grill - Who should I call for repairs?? DMS Home Repair 9 May 28th 04 03:54 AM