Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default What do you call a central A/C intake grill?

"JimT" wrote in message
news

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on "A/C
intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It only
takes a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

I've never heard that. What's the difference? The direction of the intake?

The two types look identical, but the type of metal is different. It's all
about feng shui. The spiritual energy given to the house by different kinds
of metal. Ignoring these things can bring some nasty results.