Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default What do you call a central A/C intake grill?

In ,
JoeSpareBedroom spewed forth:
"mm" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:59:41 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
On 7/28/2010 5:01 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
I'd like to buy one (25"x14") but when I do a google search on
"A/C intake grill" I get nothing! Maybe there is a different term.

Answering my own question, it's a "Return Air Filter Grill".

Why "filter"?

Be sure you get both kinds: One made for AC and one for heat. It
only takes
a minute to swap the grill when the seasons change.

Look for a reversible grill, so you won't have to hunt for the other
one every season. Also, it won't take extra storage space.

And if you live in the USA, try to find one with locust repellant.

Those were banned in Norway, weren't they?

Yes, they were shown to cause birth defects