Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default Bona Polyurethane Wood Floor Finish

Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the
hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

In article ,
Tony Sivori wrote:

Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the
hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

Can't speak about that product or even floor finishes in general, but
the Bona brand of hardwood floor cleaner is the only stuff we found that
was useful for our bamboo floors. Might sound irrelevant, but I'd not be
skeptical about giving another Bona product a try.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

You might want to compare Fabulon oil base finish. It's used on
bowling alley flooring, as well as other high traffic areas in
residential and other commercial scenarios.

Sonny
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Jul 15, 12:45*pm, Tony Sivori wrote:
Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the
hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

The big box stores do, on occasion, have commercial-quality finishes,
but I do not believe that they carry any two-part catalyzed floor
finishes, which are clearly superior but a bit more difficult to
apply.

Traffic is one of the standard semi-bullet-proof finishes. It's used
in gymnasiums.
Here's a floor refinisher who gives a rundown of water-borne
polyurethane.
http://www.hallshardwood.com/refinish.htm

I like the Trek stuff - this is what I use:
http://www.lastnlast.com/TrekPlusWoodFloorFinish.php
It's only sold in pro flooring places around here, but if you want it
I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get your hands on some.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Jul 15, 12:45*pm, Tony Sivori wrote:
Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the
hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

--
Tony Sivori

I just caught that tag line. I guess it was pointless of me to take
the time to give you personal pro experience. Whatever.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:41:34 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jul 15, 12:45*pm, Tony Sivori wrote:
Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the
hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

--
Tony Sivori

I just caught that tag line. I guess it was pointless of me to take
the time to give you personal pro experience. Whatever.

Ah, but maybe some of the rest of us would enjoy your input...
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

[...]

Reposting RicodJour's comments for the google-filtering OP. (I filter
google too, but have many whitelisted.)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the repost. I don't enjoy filtering legitimate posters, but
there is just too much spam coming out of Google.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 15, 11:45*am, Tony Sivori wrote:

snip

Tony Sivori

When I checked my unread Alt.Home.Repair posts this morning there was
one (1) spam and a couple of off topic posts. That can hardly be
considered excessive. There are numerous skilled and professional
posters in this NG using Google. What you don't like you can report to
Google, and not doing so is like bitching about the Administration and
then failing to vote. Why not do your part to make it better? Of
course, you probably won't see this, but keep in mind it is meant in a
most constructive fashion.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

In article
,
Joe wrote:

On Jul 15, 11:45*am, Tony Sivori wrote:

snip

Tony Sivori

When I checked my unread Alt.Home.Repair posts this morning there was
one (1) spam and a couple of off topic posts. That can hardly be
considered excessive. There are numerous skilled and professional
posters in this NG using Google. What you don't like you can report to
Google, and not doing so is like bitching about the Administration and
then failing to vote. Why not do your part to make it better? Of
course, you probably won't see this, but keep in mind it is meant in a
most constructive fashion.

Joe

The spam comes in waves. Sometimes 200 posts in one shot. Many of us
filter google groups; if you want your posts read, then you're the one
who should change. Tons of free usenet providers out there; I just
adopted one myself when my ISP dropped the service.

Besides, the google interface is nothing short of god-awful. I don't
know how you can use it regularly and not be driven to go out and kill
again.

I also have a growing white list of google posters (you're on that list,
obviously,) of whose existence I learn when others respond to them. But
I'll never open the floodgate again until and unless google shuts down
the spam.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:35:04 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article
,
Joe wrote:

[...]

Agreed, it is horrible. I use it at when I'm at work because all NNTP access
is blocked (even to non-standard ports).

I also have a growing white list of google posters (you're on that list,
obviously,) of whose existence I learn when others respond to them. But
I'll never open the floodgate again until and unless google shuts down
the spam.

Not likely. They encourage it.

Can a floor be stained via tinting polyurethane with a wood stain? Amateur Home Repair 8 January 6th 07 12:23 AM
wood floor finish? JoeM Home Repair 2 October 14th 06 10:43 PM
Shellac or Polyurethane floor finish? Teamcasa Woodworking 23 April 11th 06 09:11 PM
Anyone use Bona Traffic wood floor finish? John Home Repair 3 July 19th 05 11:18 PM
anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products? JP Home Repair 20 November 11th 03 01:49 AM