John

Default Anyone use Bona Traffic wood floor finish?

Hi everyone.

Anyone use this stuff? Apply it themselves?

I'm about to put down about 700 fet of red pine flooring. I'm considering
trying this stuff for it' durability and low voc's. I've done a fair bit of
flooring in my past (in houses I've lived in) and I'm experienced with both
water based and oil polyurethanes however the application "Traffic" seems a
little more difficult.
http://www.bonakemi.com/productspecs/pdf/traffic.pdf

Anone with experience care to comment? Tips? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bonnie Jean

I have not used the specific product mentioned but I have used "maintenance"
products by Bonakemi and they have been excellent....the best hardwood floor
products I've ever used.

Bonnie

"John" wrote in message
Hi everyone.

Anyone use this stuff? Apply it themselves?

I'm about to put down about 700 fet of red pine flooring. I'm considering
trying this stuff for it' durability and low voc's. I've done a fair bit of
flooring in my past (in houses I've lived in) and I'm experienced with both
water based and oil polyurethanes however the application "Traffic" seems a
little more difficult.
http://www.bonakemi.com/productspecs/pdf/traffic.pdf

Anone with experience care to comment? Tips? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Michael Stoic

I haven't used the "Traffic" variant, but I have Bona water-based
sealer followed by Bona poly on a fir floor. Very durable finish (four
plus years since refinish as of this writing), as well as good
looking. In fact, I am shoping around for some Bona product now, to
treat another fir installation.

Satisfied customer; no relation to Bona.

MS

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:39:13 -0500, "John" wrote:

Hi everyone.

Anyone use this stuff? Apply it themselves?

I'm about to put down about 700 fet of red pine flooring. I'm considering
trying this stuff for it' durability and low voc's. I've done a fair bit of
flooring in my past (in houses I've lived in) and I'm experienced with both
water based and oil polyurethanes however the application "Traffic" seems a
little more difficult.
http://www.bonakemi.com/productspecs/pdf/traffic.pdf

Anone with experience care to comment? Tips? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

MarcW

We're refinishing hardwood floors. We used Glitsa about 20 years ago.
I've found a finisher who recommends Bona Traffic. It sounds like Bona
products are good, but I wonder why Traffic in particular? Satin vs
Semi-gloss? I generally like the natural hardwood, but is there a
reason to use a stain?

I'd appreciate any info or ideas you have.

Thanks,
Marc

--
MarcW