Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Bona Polyurethane Wood Floor Finish

Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

On Jul 15, 12:45*pm, Tony Sivori wrote:
Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price?

http://shop.bestwoodfloor.com/product.aspx?id=165

Also, I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding
the hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.

The big box stores do, on occasion, have commercial-quality finishes,
but I do not believe that they carry any two-part catalyzed floor
finishes, which are clearly superior but a bit more difficult to apply.

Traffic is one of the standard semi-bullet-proof finishes. It's used in
gymnasiums.
Here's a floor refinisher who gives a rundown of water-borne
polyurethane.
http://www.hallshardwood.com/refinish.htm

I like the Trek stuff - this is what I use:
http://www.lastnlast.com/TrekPlusWoodFloorFinish.php It's only sold in
pro flooring places around here, but if you want it I'm sure you'll
figure out a way to get your hands on some.

Reposting RicodJour's comments for the google-filtering OP. (I filter
google too, but have many whitelisted.)

Thanks for the repost. I don't enjoy filtering legitimate posters, but
there is just too much spam coming out of Google.

--
Tony Sivori