Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Back-Flow Preventer

I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall. It works fine but I have a
question. There is usually about 1 inch of water inside the housing. When
I open up the inspection cover, it drains away but more enters after a short
while. My question is this: Is this normal? If not what do I do to
resolve the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, since it's in the sump pump crock, it ought not be a big
problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall. It works fine but I
have a
question. There is usually about 1 inch of water inside the housing.
When
I open up the inspection cover, it drains away but more enters after a
short
while. My question is this: Is this normal? If not what do I do to
resolve the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Ultraglide typed:
I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall.

On what?

It works
fine but I have a question. There is usually about 1 inch
of water inside the housing.

What housing?

When I open up the inspection
cover, it drains away but more enters after a short while. My question is
this: Is this normal?

Depends on what it is, how it's assembled, and what the overall system
structure is.

If not what do I do
to resolve the problem.

You might start by putting together a clear, concise description of your
problem and a clear, concise phrasing of what you need to know. I suspect
it's a sump pump but that's a small part of what needs to be known.

-- How to Post to a newsgroup:
http://word.mvps.org/findhelp/whichnewgrp.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5681_post-ne...-internet.html

Sump Pumps 101:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i.../sump-pump.htm

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/sumppumpswork

http://www.sump-pump-info.com/articles.html

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nowhere did I say anything about sump pumps. This is simply a back flow
preventer with a check valve. The valve is installed in the sanitary drain
about a foot and a half below the floor in the basement. There is a
box-shaped housing which goes over the top of the valve. There is an
inspection cover which can be unscrewed to check the operation of the valve.

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Ultraglide typed:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

No where did you say anything about a sanitary drain.

Anyhow, back to sump pumps. The backflow preventer is typically right
at the discharge line. It's in the sump crock, so it's not a big issue
if it leaks a bit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
Nowhere did I say anything about sump pumps. This is simply a back
flow
preventer with a check valve. The valve is installed in the sanitary
drain
about a foot and a half below the floor in the basement. There is a
box-shaped housing which goes over the top of the valve. There is an
inspection cover which can be unscrewed to check the operation of the
valve.

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Ultraglide typed:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 9, 6:08*pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall. *It works fine but I have a
question. *There is usually about 1 inch of water inside the housing. *When
I open up the inspection cover, it drains away but more enters after a short
while. *My question is this: *Is this normal? *If not what do I do to
resolve the problem.

Doesn't sound like a problem tome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

How many times do I have to tell you, there is no sump pump. There was
never any sump pump. It is to stop the sanitary storm sewer from backing up
when there is heavy rainfall and the storm sewer is overloaded. If you
don't know what a back-up preventer is find some other poster to waste time
on.

.

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
Nowhere did I say anything about sump pumps. This is simply a back
flow
preventer with a check valve. The valve is installed in the sanitary
drain
about a foot and a half below the floor in the basement. There is a
box-shaped housing which goes over the top of the valve. There is an
inspection cover which can be unscrewed to check the operation of the
valve.

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Ultraglide typed:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 10, 9:02*am, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
[...]

"Twayne" wrote in message
,
Ultraglide typed:
[...]

Twayne`- Hide quoted text -

This is the first time you have stated what the "preventer" is for. I
have a "preventer" for my sump pump discharge, so you are at fault for
not stating clearly what kind of a "preventer" you have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Jul 10, 9:02 am, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
[...]

"Twayne" wrote in message
,
Ultraglide typed:
[...]

If you knew what it was, then no explanation would be necessary. If you
don't know what it was then you obviously have nothing to add to the thread.

Pressure and flow changes 22mm to 15mm and back Richard UK diy 17 February 29th 08 07:37 PM
Shower drain back flow... girlnextdoor Home Repair 0 July 24th 06 02:47 PM
backflow preventer? peter Home Repair 2 July 12th 06 07:46 PM
Back Flow Preventer MoxieMouse Home Repair 0 January 9th 06 04:37 AM