Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Back-Flow Preventer

No where did you say anything about a sanitary drain.

Anyhow, back to sump pumps. The backflow preventer is typically right
at the discharge line. It's in the sump crock, so it's not a big issue
if it leaks a bit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
Nowhere did I say anything about sump pumps. This is simply a back
flow
preventer with a check valve. The valve is installed in the sanitary
drain
about a foot and a half below the floor in the basement. There is a
box-shaped housing which goes over the top of the valve. There is an
inspection cover which can be unscrewed to check the operation of the
valve.

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Ultraglide typed:
I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall.

On what?

It works
fine but I have a question. There is usually about 1 inch
of water inside the housing.

What housing?

When I open up the inspection
cover, it drains away but more enters after a short while. My
question is
this: Is this normal?

Depends on what it is, how it's assembled, and what the overall
system
structure is.

If not what do I do
to resolve the problem.

You might start by putting together a clear, concise description of
your
problem and a clear, concise phrasing of what you need to know. I
suspect
it's a sump pump but that's a small part of what needs to be known.

-- How to Post to a newsgroup:
http://word.mvps.org/findhelp/whichnewgrp.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5681_post-ne...-internet.html

Sump Pumps 101: