Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Back-Flow Preventer

Actually, it shouldn't be an issue, since the backflow preventer is in
the sump pump crock. You could make the sump pump discharge pipe go up
like an inverted J trap, and that would help reduce backflow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Jul 10, 9:02 am, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
How many times do I have to tell you, there is no sump pump. There
was
never any sump pump. It is to stop the sanitary storm sewer from
backing up
when there is heavy rainfall and the storm sewer is overloaded. If
you
don't know what a back-up preventer is find some other poster to
waste time
on.

This is the first time you have stated what the "preventer" is for. I
have a "preventer" for my sump pump discharge, so you are at fault for
not stating clearly what kind of a "preventer" you have.