Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When ever having a new A/C installed

When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer
leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he
installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are
installed and it doesn’t take a whole lot more labor to do this. The
coils and condensation drip lines... “ is why it should be done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 30, 10:36*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer
leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he
installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are
installed and it doesn’t take a whole lot more labor to do this. The
coils and condensation drip lines... “ is why it should be done.

Ive never seen one done like that wher the coil is raised up, but pre
cutting in a few panels that can be removed on different sides would
help with many issues of maintenance. I put in my unit a removable
panel but was worried I would hit the coil cutting it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually, in the years I've been servicing AC units. I can't say as
I've ever seen that on commercial or residential.

Please be kind enough to take pictures of five or six units which are
done that way, and upload the pictures to a photo hosting site so I
can see what you mean.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer
leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he
installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are
installed and it doesn't take a whole lot more labor to do this. The
coils and condensation drip lines... " is why it should be done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm. From what I've read of your posts over the years. I'd be worried,
too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message

Ive never seen one done like that wher the coil is raised up, but pre
cutting in a few panels that can be removed on different sides would
help with many issues of maintenance. I put in my unit a removable
panel but was worried I would hit the coil cutting it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:
When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer
leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he
installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are
installed and it doesn’t take a whole lot more labor to do this. The
coils and condensation drip lines... “ is why it should be done.

Mine was installed 25 years ago. I think it's time to clean the
evaporator. I couldn't find any access panels.

A 4' duct 11" deep runs from the furnace along joists in the basement.
Then there's a short section where the depth drops to 22" to match the
evaporator. If I remove the insulation I hope I'll be able to unscrew
that section and slide it back along the duct.

How much for T1-11, installed? aemeijers Home Repair 21 May 26th 17 02:21 PM
Pictures -- VFD installed on the DP Ignoramus30818 Metalworking 22 November 17th 09 12:08 AM
Can granite be cut after it is installed? zeller883 Home Repair 5 November 19th 07 05:52 PM
Spa Installed John Home Repair 21 April 24th 06 02:41 AM
How do I get a gas main installed? Jimmy UK diy 44 January 9th 05 02:08 PM