Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default When ever having a new A/C installed

On Jun 30, 10:36*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer
leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he
installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are
installed and it doesn’t take a whole lot more labor to do this. The
coils and condensation drip lines... “ is why it should be done.

Ive never seen one done like that wher the coil is raised up, but pre
cutting in a few panels that can be removed on different sides would
help with many issues of maintenance. I put in my unit a removable
panel but was worried I would hit the coil cutting it out.