Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lennox G61MPV Fan Won't Run

I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago.
No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate
to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today. It's been
cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the condenser
kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume because it's
made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but
I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/10 8:21 PM, cjt wrote:
Pete wrote:
I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago.
No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help
circulate to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today.
It's been cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the
condenser kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume
because it's made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but
I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?

Circuit breakers

Kill switch on the furnace?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 29, 6:09*pm, Pete wrote:
I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago.
No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate
to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today. It's been
cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the condenser
kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume because it's
made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but
I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?

Doesnt the furnace have diagnostic lights on the circuit panel, does
it have power. My Lennox has diagnostic lights.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete wrote:
I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago.
No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate
to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today. It's been
cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the condenser
kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume because it's
made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but
I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?

Hi,
Do you have power to the furnace?(reset circuit breaker)
Do have a active signal from G terminal on your 'stat?
Any trouble light(usually blinking) indication on the furnace?
If you are not comfortable with this steps, call for service.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2010 8:44 AM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:09:34 -0400, Pete wrote:

I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago.
No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate
to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today. It's been
cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the condenser
kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume because it's
made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but
I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?

Has a DC-ECM motor for the blower. The furnace holds its control module.
Get out your owners manual and look through it for error codes (blinking
lights) on the furnace control panel. You should also see if your furnace
is powered up in the first place. Turn it to heat and crank up the
thermostat and see if the does anything or merly look at it for an on
light or power led. Other than that if everything checks out ok call Mr.
Lennox.

It's possible that the electronic control module has hung in the off
state or the power glitch has caused a lockout. Turning the power off
then back on may cause it to reset. This happens a lot when a safety
overload or over-temperature sensor/switch is tripped. You may have
seen something like it when a computer freezes, cycling the power on
and off gets it going again.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2010 8:36 AM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 05:31:52 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

That's usually a no-brainer but I do tend to give too much credit to the
home owner to do these things before seeking outside advice.

Like turning the switches on the thermostat from "cool" to off then turn
the "fan" switch from auto to on to thaw a frozen system. Many customers
don't know to turn the AC off when the grass is being cut around their
outside unit. I showed a customer, a fine young Marine, a lot about his
AC, in fact he helped us fix his ductwork when we replaced his
evaporator assembly. I had a little old lady crawl under her house with
me because she wanted to know how her furnace was supposed to work so I
showed her and she didn't mind paying for the expensive control board.
It's kind of funny when people are shown that their HVAC is not some
mysterious magical contraption attended to by select members of the HVAC
priesthood. They actually save themselves a lot of money because
they don't run it until it quits because I've explained a lot of common
problems and things that will burn up a system so they'll call for
service a lot sooner.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2010 12:32 PM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:55:33 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

What really gets me and almost makes me laugh in front of customers is
when I see a stat cranked down to 55 because the customer thought his/her
house would cool faster rather than keeping it at 74 when it's say 80
something inside.

Where's the "TURBO" button on my AC unit? I'm taking a break right now
because I'm worn out. I got back a while ago from cleaning a package
unit that was run while the lawn was being mowed. Now I have to go
check out a Nortel Compact ICS at one place then go fix a walk-in
cooler at another. I may get back late or I may pull over to the side
of the road and pass out in the van.

TDD

Carrier or Lennox a/c? dkhedmo Home Repair 2 June 3rd 07 04:04 AM
Central Air- Lennox? KOS Home Repair 12 May 28th 07 01:32 AM
Lennox EAC-17-14-1 Tony Hwang Home Repair 0 August 3rd 06 06:17 AM
Carrier 58MPV vs Lenox G61MPV-363-070 comparrison? Jdmst Home Repair 10 August 20th 04 11:56 AM
OT - Lennox Furnaces Laurie Forbes Metalworking 10 March 26th 04 04:16 AM