Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carrier or Lennox a/c?

I've gotten four quotes on installing a/c, quotes fall within $600 from
lowest to highest and all the estimators came up with recommending the
same size unit @ 1.5 ton with the newer coolant.

I have narrowed my choice to two companies, based on recommendations
from this group and my initial meeting with the company rep. Both
recommend a Carrier Comfort, with one offering Lennox Elite and the
other offering Lennox Merit as alternate choices.

Any comments on the above machines? With relatively comparable prices,
which would you put in your home?

I'd also appreciate general information on how often anyone has had to
have their units serviced and an average cost per service call. One
company is offering 10 year parts and labor on either unit, while the
other company offers 10 years on the Carrier and 5 on the Lennox.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

Karen (Rochester NY area)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

I have a 9 year old home with 3 separate systems, all Carrier and (knock
wood) nothing has ever broken on any of them. Of course everything may be
different now.

"dkhedmo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, what were the prices? I'm also in Rochester area, and curious
what others charge.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

hlink.net...
:
[...]

Carrier, Lennox vs. Trane Tony Hwang Home Repair 11 May 18th 07 07:33 AM
Carrier Infinity 96, Lennox Signature G61 gas furnaces [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 27th 06 08:27 AM
Lennox EAC-17-14-1 Tony Hwang Home Repair 0 August 3rd 06 06:17 AM
Carrier or Lennox ? Hiya Home Repair 12 November 1st 04 07:09 PM
Lennox furnace / AC Joe Home Repair 7 June 3rd 04 02:58 AM