Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement slab weeping/leaking through bottom plate screw holes

I am finishing my basement. I used Tapcons to secure PT 2x4 to the
basement slab.

After a week of heavy rains, I noticed that all the screw holes were
weeping water. There was definite circles of moisture (but not
standing water) coming from underneath the bottom plate.

So I am in need of expertise.

1. Does anybody know a Twin Cities expert with many years of basement
experience? I will pay for expert (and I mean EXPERT) consulting from
a grizzled veteran who's seen it all, and can express opinion without
bias.

2. I am considering pulling each screw and injecting silicone into the
holes, then re-driving the screw. What do you guys think? I was also
considering polyurethane foam or epoxy. If I shoot epoxy down the
hole, I'll NEVER get those bottom plates off.