Mike Annetts

Default Installing weeping tile INSIDE of a basement foundation-can it be done?

Hello I have an older house which does not have weeping tile installed. It
has extensive landscaping around the house along with a deck so exterior
trenching is not a viable option. can a person bust up the cement close to
the foundation inside the unfinished basement and install weeping tile
against the foundation. Has anyone done this or know of other any other
options other than this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

Rick

"Mike Annetts" wrote in message
Hello I have an older house which does not have weeping tile

installed. It
has extensive landscaping around the house along with a deck so

exterior
trenching is not a viable option. can a person bust up the cement

close to
the foundation inside the unfinished basement and install weeping

tile
against the foundation. Has anyone done this or know of other any

other
options other than this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

Yes, I've seen it done when used with a sump pump. Suggest you do a
search for other options, too...

I attended an (9/04) nspe.org seminar on waterproofing where they
talked about "French Drains". They cut the floor inside the house
along the outside wall and install gravel and a pipe. Inside the house
so it doesn't freeze. They mentioned cases where the water from
underneath actually lifts the floor. It was presented by
bocciabros.com, said to be the best waterproof engineers on the East
Coast.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]
Terry

"Mike Annetts" wrote in message
Hello I have an older house which does not have weeping tile installed. It
has extensive landscaping around the house along with a deck so exterior
trenching is not a viable option. can a person bust up the cement close
to the foundation inside the unfinished basement and install weeping tile
against the foundation. Has anyone done this or know of other any other
options other than this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

We have an 8 foot concrete wall basement almost totally in the ground. Our
main floor is about 12 to 18 inches above grade.
FWIW: With the same idea in mind.
When be built this single storey house 35 years ago we put weeping tile
outside the footings and also inside and a lot of gravel inside before
putting down the concrete basement floor.
From the point of view of getting groundwater to run to the location of a
sump-drain-pump and not build up behind the walls anywhere it seems to have
worked.