Terry

"Mike Annetts" wrote in message
Hello I have an older house which does not have weeping tile installed. It
has extensive landscaping around the house along with a deck so exterior
trenching is not a viable option. can a person bust up the cement close
to the foundation inside the unfinished basement and install weeping tile
against the foundation. Has anyone done this or know of other any other
options other than this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

We have an 8 foot concrete wall basement almost totally in the ground. Our
main floor is about 12 to 18 inches above grade.
FWIW: With the same idea in mind.
When be built this single storey house 35 years ago we put weeping tile
outside the footings and also inside and a lot of gravel inside before
putting down the concrete basement floor.
From the point of view of getting groundwater to run to the location of a
sump-drain-pump and not build up behind the walls anywhere it seems to have
worked.