Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Murray lawnmowers

I needed a lawnmower. I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. It wouldn't start. Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 4:50*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I needed a lawnmower. *I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. *It wouldn't start. *Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? *It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

If thats all that was wrong you got a good deal, I think they are the
cheapest in price so quality probably follows but for 20$ does it
matter, just lube the drive system and keep engine oil clean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 4:50*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I needed a lawnmower. *I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. *It wouldn't start. *Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? *It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Murray's are Ok...I've had used ones for years. With a drive unit you
will need to check for spark becuz the safety switches may be out of
adjustment.

bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 5:50*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I needed a lawnmower. *I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. *It wouldn't start. *Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? *It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

There are people that will buy Murray/Craftsman and toss them when
they go bad. A DIY'er might be happy in constantly fixing one.
Personally, at my age, I'm done buying low end stuff that I want to
work when I need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
I needed a lawnmower. I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. It wouldn't start. Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Junk

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I needed a lawnmower. I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. It wouldn't start. Everything
looked new, so I bought it.

For 20 bucks, you got a good deal. They are a mediocre mass market mower
that will last a few years. I'd not buy one for $200, but certainly would
for $20 and an hour of tinkering to make it run.

My present mower is a John Deere with a Kawasaki engine. After 10+ years
it still starts on the first pull even after sitting for the winter. It
was much more than $20 though.

I think it would be worth putting in a huge yard just to get one of those
Husqvarna ZTR riding mowers that look like an orange Ferarri. Zoom, zoom.

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

All errors, brain farts, misspelled words intentional because this computer
is set to Spelchek French, and I can't get it to do any different.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 03:50:41 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? It has a five horse motor.

"Murray" is just a name. It the engine is a B&S, for $20.00 -- you
done good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? It has a five horse motor.

"Murray" is just a name. It the engine is a B&S, for $20.00 -- you
done good.

Murtray is owned by B&S now.

lawnmowers? Are they all crap? dmc UK diy 64 May 17th 09 07:53 PM
lawnmowers, RCD & safety [email protected] UK diy 12 March 28th 09 02:23 PM
Who makes Sears Riding lawnmowers? Randy Brick MacKenna Home Repair 6 April 19th 07 05:03 PM
Old riding lawnmowers Dave Metalworking 13 April 15th 06 04:53 PM
OT Ge breaker in Murray panel Dan Caster Metalworking 5 September 9th 03 04:45 PM