Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who makes Sears Riding lawnmowers?

Murray went out of business a couple of years ago...so who makes Sears
(Craftsman) riding lawnmowers now? I'm specifically looking at this
model:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07127032000

which looks a *lot* like the Murray version from a few years ago. I
just wonder who makes it, now (?)

Thanks,
Randy

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...tors&pid=07127...

which looks a *lot* like the Murray version from a few years ago. I
just wonder who makes it, now (?)

Thanks,
Randy

Roper was making some of their units a few yrs back. MTD owns many
brand names now, also.
Sorry I can't be more of a help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

536. Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)
Information found at
http://www.professional-power-tool-g...ource-Code.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to http://www.husqvarna.com/
Check out the brands Same machines with cosmetic differences
I just bought the craftsman with the twin cylinder hp Briggs
I wouldn't buy anything but a twin not for the power but for the smoothness
when its running
They all should be checked thourghly when you buy them
for adjustments Mine needed help I suspect they all do.
I have made several personal mods to mine to make it work for me not some
engineer or bean counter or safety engineer
Better hitch for my track vac and a by pass switch for the safety seat for
when I'm using my yard cart to pick up sticks and leaves NOT WHEN MOWING
"Randy Brick MacKenna" wrote in message
oups.com...
Murray went out of business a couple of years ago...so who makes Sears
(Craftsman) riding lawnmowers now? I'm specifically looking at this
model:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07127032000

which looks a *lot* like the Murray version from a few years ago. I
just wonder who makes it, now (?)

Thanks,
Randy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 18, 10:36 pm, "David Briggs" wrote:
536. Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)
Information found athttp://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/Craftsman-Sears-Manufact...

Excellent link! Thank you.

-Randy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Randy Brick MacKenna wrote:
Murray went out of business a couple of years ago...so who makes Sears
(Craftsman) riding lawnmowers now? I'm specifically looking at this
model:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07127032000

which looks a *lot* like the Murray version from a few years ago. I
just wonder who makes it, now (?)

Thanks,
Randy

The bulk of Craftsman Mowers/Tractors are made by Husqvarna, AB.
Formerly Electrolux/AYP/American Yard Products/Roper. Sears is also
their largest customer.

In this case, "536" is a probably a Simplicity (former)Murray product by
Briggs & Stratton. The mower in the link is an easily recognized Murray
unit. Murray Ohio inherited 536 from AMF, AMF inherited it from Western
Tool & Stamping.

Murray has gone out of business(acquired by Briggs & Stratton in 2005)
and the tooling for this mower is likely being used by B&S as part of
their Simplicity division offerings(maybe just to large accounts like
Sears).

Craftsman mower:

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/07127032000

Murray mower:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml04/04103b.jpg

Simplicity Coronet mower(this is the larger 34" model):

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/images/l_coronet_05.jpg

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Briggs wrote:
536. Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)
Information found at
http://www.professional-power-tool-g...ource-Code.htm

That reference is severely outdated.

"917" Roper/AYP, eg., is long gone. It has been Electrolux Outdoor for
years, and is now Husqvarna, AB. Which is ironic, as "917" was
originally the prefix for David Bradley equipment made for Sears - chain
saws mostly, & some yard tractors(which evolved into Roper).

Old riding lawnmowers Dave Metalworking 13 April 15th 06 04:53 PM
Sears Riding Mower Gear/Break Problem [email protected] Home Repair 3 April 2nd 06 05:26 PM
Who makes Sears prefix 921? John Home Repair 3 August 27th 05 12:47 AM
Who makes the Sears Kenmore Electric Hot Water Heater?? Bill & Debbie Home Repair 7 August 21st 05 06:15 AM
Riding lawnmower Tom Gardner Metalworking 6 April 12th 05 03:53 AM