Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Murray lawnmowers

On Jun 14, 4:50*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I needed a lawnmower. *I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. *It wouldn't start. *Everything looked
new, so I bought it.

The float bowl was dirty, and the jet was clogged.

Since then, I googled the model number, and lots of people said they didn't
like theirs because they failed, either the frame or the propulsion system.
I live in a dry climate, so think that the frame should hold up okay.

Anyone have an opinion on Murray mowers? *It has a five horse motor.

Steve

Visit my site athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Murray's are Ok...I've had used ones for years. With a drive unit you
will need to check for spark becuz the safety switches may be out of
adjustment.

bob