Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New AC question intentional sabotage

I asked a question about what happens if an AC filter is clogged.

Let me ask that again, and put in some details. I had a maintenence man
looking after three properties. He intentionally did not clean the filters,
and I know that because it could be seen on the gratings, and I hav never
ever seen a filter that dirty. One of the compressors failed, and I arrived
in town to follow up and see what happened. There were two cases of filters
on property.

Long story short, I did not do my job of keeping better track of him, but
he's a relative, yada, yada.

This man knows AC enough to change a compressor. I believe the neglect was
intentional, and based on other issues he had with me. If someone wants a
system to fail, would it be just as easy as not changing the filter for say
a year?

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Hi,
How old is the system? I am not a pro but at least I know compressor has
some safety feature built-in to prevent damage. Filter is in the path of
air flow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 8:50*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
[...]

Was the condensor full of dirt making the system work harder, did you
have to clean it. I do see an increase in the electric bill from lack
of airflow, did it ice up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 6:50*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
[...]

Make him install one of these in every unit:

http://www.tradenote.net/images/user...ges/296215.jpg

The next time the filter isn't changed the a/c will not power-up until
it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "SteveB" wrote:
[...]
This man knows AC enough to change a compressor. I believe the neglect was
intentional, and based on other issues he had with me. If someone wants a
system to fail, would it be just as easy as not changing the filter for say
a year?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

System never satisfies thermostat. Runs all the time. Wears out the
compressor. I can see that happening.

Combine with a dirty condensor, and you're asking for a burnout.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 8:50*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
[...]

Are you referring to the air filter that is in the inside air handler/
blower, or some sort of filter on the outdoor air compressor?

How do I sabotage my furnace!!! mnbarrister Home Repair 26 January 18th 18 09:44 PM
Intentional rust SteveB Metalworking 26 November 7th 08 02:54 PM
Sabotage military equipment ?? IT'S LEGAL !! [email protected] Home Repair 9 October 27th 06 07:58 PM
How to sabotage commercial television transmitter? ~Intruder~ Electronics Repair 3 November 26th 05 04:17 AM
intentional EMI victim Electronics Repair 3 July 22nd 05 11:37 PM