Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you need a GFCI outlet?

On Apr 22, 12:56*pm, keith wrote:
On Apr 22, 10:54*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-

wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
I needed quite few GFCI outlets, simplex outlets, and 20A outlets for
my house. *If you've ever bought these you know they are not cheap, at
least not $0.59 like the regular stuff. *GFCI outlets are close to $20
anywhere here in NJ that I've been.

Started checking around online and couldn't believe how cheap the
outlets were at Dale-Electric.com. *I decided to give them a try.
There website isn't the best in the world but if you download the pdf
of their catalog you can just enter the stock numbers of what you
want. *They don't even give you the shipping amount when you complete
your order but there is an estimate function.

My order totaled about $150 and when the shipping was added $159 was
charged to my card from "Hill electric". *Next day I got an email with
a tracking number and the day after that I got my stuff. *I have no
affiliation just passing on a place that has great prices on outlets.

http://www.dale-electric.com/detail?itemnumber=7599-W

Could you not have installed a couple of ground fault circuit breakers
or were too many circuits involved?

If it were only a few circuits only a few GFCI *outlets* would be
needed, too. *A GFCI outlet can protect all outlets downstream of it.

Correct. That is how I did my basement. Feed goes to a GFCI outlet
with 5 other protected outlets on the load side and one non-protected
dedicated outlet on the line side.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
[...]

If you use one GFI receptacle for that, make sure it's not a cheap one.

TDD