Old December 4th 06, 06:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default is gfci outlet good replacement for two-prong non-grounded outlet ??

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Old December 4th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?

GFCIs are subject to nuisance tripping. No way in heck that you want them
on refrigerators and stuff like that.

Old December 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks to all who responded.

On Dec 4, 4:06 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
wrote in glegroups.com...

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?GFCIs are subject to nuisance tripping. No way in heck that you want them

on refrigerators and stuff like that.

2-prong outlet, 3-prong power strip Surfwospam Home Repair 21 February 12th 21 08:55 PM
Grounded outlet m Ransley Home Repair 23 November 11th 06 06:14 PM
appliances and grounded wall outlet Clueless Home Repair 8 September 15th 06 08:27 PM
2 Prong Ungrounded Outlet & GFCI redbrickhat Home Repair 20 September 8th 06 07:33 PM
2 prong to 3 prong outlet conversion? Ari Home Repair 13 July 11th 06 05:49 PM