Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New battery powered hammers

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:31:50 -0500, "Master Betty"
wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

One what? Don't be shy on details.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

One what? Don't be shy on details.

Subject line says it all.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Master Betty wrote:
I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of
some pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

Palm nailers attached to an air compressor work well.

If the one you saw plugged into the wall, it would probably be equivalent.
But batteries? Nah...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

One what? Don't be shy on details.

Subject line says it all.

Given all these details I vote against " battery powered hammers"!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Master Betty" wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

I've seen ad's for them too... looks like another gimmick to separate
you from your money. Along the same lines as battery operated adjustable
wrenches.

Erik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:11:08 -0700, Erik wrote:

In article ,
"Master Betty" wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

I've seen ad's for them too... looks like another gimmick to separate
you from your money. Along the same lines as battery operated adjustable
wrenches.

Erik

A Yankee girl bought Bubba a "battery operated adjustable" wrench.

I laughed. Maybe she likes batteries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I got one, couple years back, for Xmas. Cute gadget.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

A Yankee girl bought Bubba a "battery operated adjustable"
wrench.

I laughed. Maybe she likes batteries.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2010 7:44 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:11:08 -0700, wrote:

In ,
"Master wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

I've seen ad's for them too... looks like another gimmick to separate
you from your money. Along the same lines as battery operated adjustable
wrenches.

Erik

A Yankee girl bought Bubba a "battery operated adjustable" wrench.

I laughed. Maybe she likes batteries.

Was the adjustable wrench SAE or metric? :-)

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 28, 12:25*am, IGot2P wrote:
Was the adjustable wrench SAE or metric? :-)

It was probably adjustable to either; like those electronic
micrometers that have a small digital display.
Press a small button and it changes over!
Remembering that one inch is pretty well 25 mms. One can convert in
the head, although thinking in 64ths is a bit of a tussle; along these
lines, below, done on a calculator!
One 64th = 0.4 mm.
One 32th = 0.8 mm.
One 16th = 1.6 mm.
One 8th = 3.15 mm.
One 4th = 6.3 mm.
One half = 12.6 mm.
One inch = 25.2 mm.
Twelve inches = 302 mm.
Four feet = 1210 mm.
Eight feet = 2419 mm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here it is folks!

(Be sure to watch the thumb hitting test in the video!)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4299320.html

"Master Betty" wrote in message
I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Master Betty wrote:
...beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Oh, Betty!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-03-28, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I can't wait for the CSI show where one is used as a murder weapon.

Probably take two episodes.... one for the actual murder!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Master wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

I've seen ad's for them too... looks like another gimmick to separate
you from your money. Along the same lines as battery operated adjustable
wrenches.

Erik

A Yankee girl bought Bubba a "battery operated adjustable" wrench.

I laughed. Maybe she likes batteries.

Was the adjustable wrench SAE or metric? :-)

My adjustable wrench is both SAE and metric. It's a 10" adjustable wrench on
one side and with just a flip it becomes a 250mm adjustable wrench. Good
thing both sides are marked because I'd never remember which side was which.
;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 27, 4:31*pm, "Master Betty" wrote:
I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? *I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

I actually own a Craftsman cordless hammer. Came as a gift, and to be
honest, it is a pleasant surprise. In the real world of construction
and remodeling, there are situations where swinging a hammer just
isn't going to accomplish much except time wasted bending nails. A
palm air nailer is nice (I own one), but its a PITA to drag a
compressor into a crawl space or up on a roof for a quick job. This
tool works nicely, and I will refute the PM finding on joist nails: my
CH does them quite well. Slightly slower than a full framing hammer,
but then there is no way to swing a FH putting in hurricane ties on
trusses in old work. Again, holding a board, a nail and swinging a
hammer needs three hands. The CH only takes two hands. Same with
construction screws and impact drivers. Watch Mike Holmes Sunday
nights on HGTV to see how the pros assemble framing.
Nothing wrong with 20th Century tools and methods if your standards
are low enough and you have lots of time.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

There was an external usenet error this afternoon. It split your
message and put part in the subject line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:00:43 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Master Betty wrote:
I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of
some pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

Jim

Palm nailers attached to an air compressor work well.

That reminds me of an ancient torture device that is seen in too many
places...

If the one you saw plugged into the wall, it would probably be equivalent.
But batteries? Nah...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Only $29 Was: New battery powered hammers

On 03/27/10 05:31 pm, Master Betty wrote:

I was tempted to buy one of these the last time I was at HD.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think of it? I can think of some
pratical uses ie: beteween studs and one handed nailing.

I'll let you know after the one I just bought -- for $29 at HD -- is
charged up and ready to go.

$29??? Yes, only $29. That's what the ryobitools.com Web site (click on
Promotions) says. My local HD had them marked at $59 but, when
confronted by the Web site, they sold it to me for $29 -- and printed
the Web page for future reference.

The one disadvantage is that it's a 12v unit, so the batteries aren't
interchangeable with the other Ryobi tools I already have.

Perce