Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeping car electronics alive - lantern battery

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:02:11 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Having viewed the idiot piece on Youtube "32 AA cells" in a
lantern battery. I took apart a couple lantern batteries.
The Rayovac carbon had four D-like cells, and the Duracell
had literally four D cells (just like the D cells you'd buy
in the stores). With a cardboard spacer, and contacts.

Supposedly Energizer alkalines contain the F cells, not
Duracell. I havn't opened one of them. Also no clue what
happened to B, or E cells.

The Rayovac I examined had 4 F cells wired together.

BTW, considering the letters, what about A? I know of AA, AAA, and
AAAA(used in some 9v batteries) but no A.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color." -- Mark
Schnitzius on alt.atheism