Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lazarus

Default Keeping the monitor "alive"

I have an older HP Visualize C-200 that uses an old non standard video
connector. I bought an adapter to convert it to VGA but now my monitor
does not sense that the computer is running. The monitor shuts off in
about 5 seconds and I have to cycle the power or reconnect the VGA to
make it come back from standby. The light turns from green to amber
right away and the monitor goes to standby.

Is there some way I can short out twon pins on the 15 pin VGA so that
the monitor stays on all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Lazarus

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

Lazarus wrote:

I have an older HP Visualize C-200 that uses an old non standard video
connector. I bought an adapter to convert it to VGA but now my monitor
does not sense that the computer is running. The monitor shuts off in
about 5 seconds and I have to cycle the power or reconnect the VGA to
make it come back from standby. The light turns from green to amber
right away and the monitor goes to standby.

Is there some way I can short out twon pins on the 15 pin VGA so that
the monitor stays on all the time?

Was the original connector a 9 pin D instead of 15 by any chance ?
Maybe the converter doesn't implement all the signal lines ( although I can't
fathom how that can be )

Here's some info on the VGA pinout FWIW
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/vga_bd15.html
http://pinouts.ru/data/9to15VGA_pinout.shtml

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lazarus

No it looked like a DVI-I but it is not; it is about 1/4" longer and
has 2 more columns of pins (total of 30 pins). I think HP calls it an
EVC-M. you can do a eBay search for this item.

HP 8120-6861 Graphics 11" Cable EVC (M) - DB-15 (F)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jack F. Twist

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_E...or_Pinout.html