Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to Send a Picture to This Newsgroup

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my digital
camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go from here?
Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they mean is
for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Go to:

http://tinypic.com/

Very simple and easy.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2010 10:04 PM Rudy spake thus:

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my digital
camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go from here?
Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they mean is
for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

Here are some easy (I hope) instructions:

1. Pick a picture-posting site on the web that you like.

Some choices are Flickr (http://www.flickr.com), PicasaWeb
(http://www.picasaweb.com), Photobucket (http://photobucket.com), and
there are others.

2. Sign up on the site and create an account.

3. Upload your pictures to the site. Most of them make it *really* easy
to do this and give you help if you need it.

4. View the picture you want to share with us, and get its link. (That's
also made easy on these sites.) Post the link in your message to this
newsgroup.

For example, http://www.flickr.com/yourname/34065333235_0932423.jpg.
(Don't worry; you don't have to type any of that gobbledygook, just copy
it from your photo sharing site and paste it into your message you post
here).

So the picture itself never gets posted here, just a link to it.

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my digital
camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go from here?
Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they mean is
for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

What website would you recommend? I am not too savvy with this stuff.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2010 10:14 PM Kate spake thus:

Rudy wrote:

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my digital
camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go from here?
Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they mean is
for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

What website would you recommend? I am not too savvy with this stuff.

Try Flickr (http://www.flickr.com). It's free, easy (to me; you'll have
to let us know if it's easy for you), has a decent look and feel.

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
[...]

OK, I uploaded the photo, but what is the proper email address for this
group?

Thanks. I tried several but it did not work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2010 10:39 PM Kate spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

If you view your picture in your album/photostream/whatever they call
your collection of pictures, they should give you a link to that photo:
http://something something something. Copy that link (select it with
your mouse, right-click and choose "Copy" from the pop-up menu).

Then when you compose a message to *this newsgroup*, like you just did,
just past *that link* right into your message. Then when other people
read it, they can click on that link and they'll see your picture.

I hope I explained that clearly. If not, let us know.

- a Usenet "apology"

Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project,
but I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Go to:

http://tinypic.com/

Very simple and easy.

TDD

Thx from a lurker.

Don't be shy LouB, post away, no one can hear you scream in Cyberspace.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 1:14*am, Kate wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my digital
camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". *Where do I go from here?
Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. *What they mean is
for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

What website would you recommend? *I am not too savvy with this stuff.

Thanks.

Here is a fine place to post a pic - no sign-up or membership required
-

http://tinypic.com

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
LouB wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project,
but I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Go to:

http://tinypic.com/

Very simple and easy.

TDD

Thx from a lurker.

Don't be shy LouB, post away, no one can hear you scream in Cyberspace.

TDD

Thanks
I look in the group daily but have less interest, and need, for much of
the stuff in here.
BUT I do not see too many flame wars and DO appreciate learning stuff:-))
HF was a nice learning experience and I even got a free flashlight
(after driving 21 miles)!

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
LouB wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Kate wrote:
[...]

That's the spirit!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding
project, but I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a
picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here? Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they
mean is for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the
LINK to them

What website would you recommend? I am not too savvy with this stuff.

Thanks.

1. Get your picture to a picture-posting service.
2. Look at the picture.
3. Right-click on the picture. Pick "Copy Link"
4. Compose a message to this group.
5. Include in your ordinary message the following:

Left angle bracket () - paste the link you copied in step 3 - Right
angle bracket ()

6. At the instant you type the right-angle bracket, the link should light up
(usually blue) and the angle brackets should disappear.

What you have done with this procedure is to "include a link to a web
resource". This technique is also used to direct a reader to a web page or
site.

Point is, you cannot send a picture (or a web page) to this newsgroup - you
can only send a link or a reference to the picture's actual location
somewhere else.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Mar 9, 12:52*am, Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". *Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

I 3rd the http://tinypic.com suggestion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Go to flickr.com, or photobucket.com, or any of the similar sites, and
follow the menus. You then copy the link the photo site gives you into a
message you post back here. Don't attach photos to a usenet post in a
non-binary group- people will holler and call you bad names.

Google 'photo posting sites', and they should all come right up.

HTH
--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Mar 9, 5:47*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Kate wrote:
Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". *Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

* Go to flickr.com, or photobucket.com, or any of the similar sites, and
follow the menus. You then copy the link the photo site gives you into a
message you post back here. Don't attach photos to a usenet post in a
non-binary group- people will holler and call you bad names.

Google 'photo posting sites', and they should all come right up.

HTH
--
aem sends...

Why go through all of that trouble (creating an account) when you can
upload a photo to http://tinypic.com/ and have a URL in seconds?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:52:16 -0800, Kate wrote:

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Crop and re-size your pic, upload it to a server (of your choice),
test it, then post the link here. Do not post the picture in this
newsgroup. Pictures too big, may not load easily, especially for
those still on dial-up internet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:52:16 -0800, Kate wrote:

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My
Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Crop and re-size your pic, upload it to a server (of your choice),
test it, then post the link here. Do not post the picture in this
newsgroup. Pictures too big, may not load easily, especially for
those still on dial-up internet.

Thanks, I figured it out using Tinypic, thanks to everyones' help.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Mar 10, 3:00*pm, Kate wrote:

Thanks, I figured it out using Tinypic, thanks to everyones' help.

So where are the pics?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:
On Mar 10, 3:00 pm, Kate wrote:
Thanks, I figured it out using Tinypic, thanks to everyones' help.

So where are the pics?

Keep looking. They are there.