Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default How to Send a Picture to This Newsgroup

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 3/8/2010 10:04 PM Rudy spake thus:

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but
I am not having any luck sending a pic. I took a picture with my
digital camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go
from here? Easy instructions please.

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they
mean is for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK
to them

Here are some easy (I hope) instructions:

1. Pick a picture-posting site on the web that you like.

Some choices are Flickr (http://www.flickr.com), PicasaWeb
(http://www.picasaweb.com), Photobucket (http://photobucket.com), and
there are others.

2. Sign up on the site and create an account.

3. Upload your pictures to the site. Most of them make it *really* easy
to do this and give you help if you need it.

4. View the picture you want to share with us, and get its link. (That's
also made easy on these sites.) Post the link in your message to this
newsgroup.

For example, http://www.flickr.com/yourname/34065333235_0932423.jpg.
(Don't worry; you don't have to type any of that gobbledygook, just copy
it from your photo sharing site and paste it into your message you post
here).

So the picture itself never gets posted here, just a link to it.

OK, I uploaded the photo, but what is the proper email address for this
group?

Thanks. I tried several but it did not work.