Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot electric pressure washers?

Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

I bought one last year and took it back. It was leaking water at the
inlet and I was afraid it might
cause a short. After taking it back I did some research on the
Internet.
It turns out that it was that particular model with the problem. Other
models by the same manufacturer had great reviews.
I would read the reviews on-line before purchasing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 5:04*pm, Jeff The Drunk wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:59:49 -0800 (PST), Steve
wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

What do you mean by home depot brand? Is that what it says on it?

The brand or name on the box is "Powerwasher - Electric Clean Machine"
and the internet site for it is "hdpowerwasher.com." It is, of
course, made in China like almost everything else these days. It is
warrantied for one year. I think Home Depot, in general, sells pretty
good stuff so that is why I bought it there...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 5:07*pm, Jack Hammer wrote:
On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:

[...]

I have looked up reviews for it and so far havent really dug up any
serious dirt on it yet. I know its not made to be used commercially
or industrially but just would like it to last more than a year at
moderate use... Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

I had one. It worked OK, but in time it started having
reliability problems. I gave up looking for part and bought a
gasoline model which worked about twice as fast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 4:59*pm, Steve wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

HDs brand is Ridgid, usualy with great warrantys, My Karcher is oid
and well made
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

I have a Husky 1750 that I bought at HD 4 yrs ago and it still works
fine.

I've only used it a few times though...probably about 50-75 hours of
use on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

My neighbor bought one and used the heck out of it for about a year
before it died. He has 4 cars and washes them all once a week and
washed his house down with it before he painted. This was his favorite
toy and he was always using it on his porch, fence, driveway..... I
think it was his weekly therapy. I dont know how much they cost but I
figure he got his money's worth out of it.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 6:58*pm, Ron wrote:
On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? *I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. *Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. *I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? *Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

I have a Husky 1750 that I bought at HD 4 yrs ago and it still works
fine.

I've only used it a few times though...probably about 50-75 hours of
use on it.

That doesn't sound to bad to me... I'm always pretty careful how I
use my tools and stuff so hopefully it will take care of me if I take
good care of it.. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 7:21*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Feb 19, 5:59*pm, Steve wrote:

[...]

Another pretty good review! Thanks! That sounds like about 4 years
of use in my case... I used it yesterday for the first time and it
seemed to do a really good job. I like the pulsating wand
especially. It sure works a whole lot better than a plain old garden
hose like I was using... Not sure about using the soap injector
though??? It only puts out soap under very low pressure I guess as a
pre-soak??
Steve
ps it cost about $150 plus tax..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with
Home Depot's electric pressure washers?? I just bought the H1700
model (1700 psi) and am primarily going to use it to wash the vehicles
I own. I thought the electric type washers would be more portable and
cleaner and cheaper to operate than the larger gas models. Also I can
use it outside in the winter on nice (above freezing) sunny days and
then bring the washer back into the house to prevent freeze ups. I
know McCullough also makes electric but dont know how well they
compare to the Home Depot brand?? Thanks for any discussion on this.
Steve

I find it has marginal power, but it has the convenence of not
needed gasoline and if you don't have large areas, it will get the job
done, just slowly.

I eventually gave mine to a friend and got a gasoline powered
one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You only get so much power out of 15a circuit, a few years ago Sears
had 20 and 30a models,maybe they still do. Few store carry 20 and 30a
units. I use a Karcher for 15a circuit, 10 yrs old , but it works as
well as 15a can and im happy most of the time.

Would you buy a Ryobi Pressure Washer from Home Depot Michael Bushey Home Repair 29 April 18th 21 02:45 AM
Home Depot won't price match Milwaukee electric chain saw - where a great deal is not a deal at all. No Name Home Repair 0 June 26th 08 02:58 PM
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 12:53 PM
Pressure washers Robert UK diy 3 October 28th 04 07:41 PM
Pressure Washers, Electric, Karcher Bob Gir. Home Repair 8 July 7th 04 03:04 PM