Robert

Default Pressure washers

Having had two smallish Karchers fail due to the plastic pump housing
cracking I am looking for something more reliable - it must be compact -
I don't want a large piece of kit on a trolley. A local dealer told me
that they had now stopped stocking all 200, 300 and 400 series Karcher
machines as the high failure rate and cost of repairs was resulting in
too many unhappy customers. The washer is used for cleaning about 200
square metres of paved areas and walls per annum and other occasional
odd jobs such as cleaning garden furniture.
I understand that ALTO (KEW at one time) who are now part of Nilfisk,
produce a compact range C110 that have metal pump housings. Grateful
for any feedback or suggestions.
--
Robert
Madmucks

" Having had two smallish Karchers fail due to the plastic pump housing
cracking I am looking for something more reliable -

Though this may not be the reason your washers failed, by far the biggest
reason for this type of failure is not draining them properly when storing
them away for the winter (usually in an unheated shed or garage)- the
remaining water freezes and expands thus cracking any casting. Just thought
this was worth mentioning for future reference.

Ian Middleton

"Robert" wrote in message
Having had two smallish Karchers fail due to the plastic pump housing
cracking I am looking for something more reliable - it must be compact - I
don't want a large piece of kit on a trolley. A local dealer told me that
they had now stopped stocking all 200, 300 and 400 series Karcher machines
as the high failure rate and cost of repairs was resulting in too many
unhappy customers. The washer is used for cleaning about 200 square
metres of paved areas and walls per annum and other occasional odd jobs
such as cleaning garden furniture.
I understand that ALTO (KEW at one time) who are now part of Nilfisk,
produce a compact range C110 that have metal pump housings. Grateful for
any feedback or suggestions.
--
Robert

Try using patio cleaner instead of pressure washer, much quicker and only £5
for couple of litres once a year. Stopped using my pressure washer to clean
the patio, mouldy walls etc after I discovered this method.

Robert

In message , Madmucks
writes

" Having had two smallish Karchers fail due to the plastic pump housing
cracking I am looking for something more reliable -

Though this may not be the reason your washers failed, by far the biggest
reason for this type of failure is not draining them properly when storing
them away for the winter (usually in an unheated shed or garage)- the
remaining water freezes and expands thus cracking any casting. Just thought
this was worth mentioning for future reference.

Both the pump failures occurred in the autumn and frosts are rarely a
problem in S Devon I am delighted to say.
--
Robert