Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to tape water heater insulation blanket

Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

David
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Haardt wrote:
Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

David

Hi,
Due to warmth, tapes doesn't stay put long. Use bunge cord or twine
to keep it in place. That is what I did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Haardt wrote:
Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

David

Consider metallic duct tape.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 13 Feb., 00:37, David Haardt wrote:
Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

David

Great, thank you all very much!

D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:06:36 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

David Haardt wrote:
Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Best wishes,

David

Hi,
Due to warmth, tapes doesn't stay put long. Use bunge cord or twine
to keep it in place. That is what I did.

You are right. I used duct tape on some hot water pipe insulation and
it came apart in just three months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Haardt wrote:
Good evening,

My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a
hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive
tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could this be a fire hazard?
(The insulation blanket doesn't seem to be very hot, more like
lukewarm, but I thought I would ask.)

Apart from the fire hazard: I suppose that a different type of tape
would improve the quality of the insulation. Which kind of tape should
I get in the ideal case? Or would it be best to get a new insulation
blanket altogether?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Large needle and twine.

set-up for rigid panel solar pool heater, solar blanket KLE Home Repair 2 May 4th 08 12:52 AM
New water heater, need a blanket? Zz Yzx Home Repair 8 December 22nd 06 09:58 PM
WATER HEATER BLANKET Home Repair 9 October 23rd 06 10:02 PM
80 gallon water heater blanket [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 17th 06 08:01 PM
Insulation facing repair tape rck Home Repair 0 December 12th 04 02:59 AM