Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. -- Humor

Two Muslim mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of
tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. The older of the two pulls a bag
out of her purse and starts flipping through photos. They start
reminiscing.

'This is my oldest son, Mujibar. He would have been 24 years old
now.'

'Yes, I remember him as a baby,' says the other mother cheerfully.

'He's a martyr now though,' the mother confides.

'Oh, so sad dear,' says the other.

'And this is my second son, Khalid. He would have been 21.'

'Oh, I remember him,' says the other happily, 'he had such curly hair
when he was born.'

'He's a martyr too,' says the mother quietly.

'Oh, gracious me,' says the other.

'And this is my third son, my baby, my beautiful Ahmed. He would have
been 18,' she whispers.

'Yes,' says the friend enthusiastically, 'I remember when he first
started school.'

'He's a martyr also,' says the mother, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks
wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words,
says...

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:05:48 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote Re O.T. -- Humor:

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

Good one!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vinny From NYC wrote in
:

wrote Re O.T. -- Humor:

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

Good one!

Yea but Achmed is tops.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

[...]

Evolution in action.

Good joke,BTW.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks
wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words,
says...

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

Evolution in action.

Good joke,BTW.

Really? Considering how many Muslims there are in the world, how many
have actually killed themselves this way? And, how is that different,
really, than a good old Christian boy going into combat knowing that
there is a good chance that he will die?

What about the guy who throws himself onto a bomb to save others,
knowing that he certainly is going to die. Is that also funny?

How is terrorism different than Shock and Awe? Do you think the people
in Bagdahd weren't in terror when our bombs rained down on a country
that did nothing to us?

I'll tell you one thing for sure. If my parents had been killed in
that attack, I guarantee that I would be trying to kill as many
Americans as I could.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humor--Truth stranger than

Gordon Shumway wrote:

[...]

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

"An Arab ambassador called for an instant divorce after discovering his
veil-wearing fiancée had a beard and was cross-eyed, it emerged today. The
would-be bride had hidden her face behind a Muslim niqab throughout their
short courtship, meaning the diplomat had no idea what she looked like."

With pic:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0fGEEifeA

Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

[...]

good one, cj
Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote in news
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks
wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words,
says...

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'
Evolution in action.

Good joke,BTW.

Really? Considering how many Muslims there are in the world, how many
have actually killed themselves this way?

How many Muslims -support- terror bombings?
How many who allegedly disapprove actually voice their displeasure? Few.
(because the "moderate Muslims" really don't exist.)

And, how is that different,
really, than a good old Christian boy going into combat knowing that
there is a good chance that he will die?

Because there's a BIG difference between combat between soldiers and
terrorists deliberately blowing up civilians.HUGE difference.

What about the guy who throws himself onto a bomb to save others,
knowing that he certainly is going to die. Is that also funny?

I don't see any relevance here.

How is terrorism different than Shock and Awe? Do you think the people
in Bagdahd weren't in terror when our bombs rained down on a country
that did nothing to us?

What a mullet.You actually equal the precision munitions used to avoid civ
casualties with terror bombings of civilians.

"bombs rained down on a country"
"that did nothing to us"...

LMAO.

I'll tell you one thing for sure. If my parents had been killed in
that attack, I guarantee that I would be trying to kill as many
Americans as I could.

good one, cj

good in showing your "moral equivalence" and lack of rational thought.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:45:47 -0500, dgk wrote:

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
m:

[...]

You are a total dip-****!

PLONK
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 11, 1:45*pm, dgk wrote:

snip

Liberal weenie. Muslims are the largest hate group in the world.

plonk

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:36:34 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

cj wrote in news
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks
wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words,
says...

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'
Evolution in action.

Good joke,BTW.

Really? Considering how many Muslims there are in the world, how many
have actually killed themselves this way?

How many Muslims -support- terror bombings?
How many who allegedly disapprove actually voice their displeasure? Few.
(because the "moderate Muslims" really don't exist.)

How many Christians have disavowed the terrorism of Christian bpmber
Timothy McVeigh?

The Pope has even been silent on the matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow, talk about buying a pig in a poke. Though,
that might not be the expression I was looking
for.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news Gordon Shumway wrote:

[...]

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

"An Arab ambassador called for an instant divorce
after discovering his
veil-wearing fiancée had a beard and was
cross-eyed, it emerged today. The
would-be bride had hidden her face behind a Muslim
niqab throughout their
short courtship, meaning the diplomat had no idea
what she looked like."

With pic:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0fGEEifeA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
cj wrote in news
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

[...]

Lack of rational thought? Just like the run-up to the Iraq war, anyone
who didn't agree with going into that was not a patriot. Bush was like
the dumb skinny kid in the neighborhood, just out to get "somebody"
because he got beat up.

The terrorists and the tribal leaders who support them are just like
American street gangs - they bring in young kids to train who have lived
their entire lives among war, criminals and violence. Gangs give
members "something" to belong to but also use violence to get them and
maintain their loyalty. So, we could say that the whole Catholic church
is bad because there are so many Catholic Latino street gangs if we
believed Muslims are bad; same logic. There are loads and loads of
people using religious messages to do wrong - doubt many Muslims adhere
to every phrase of the Kuran, just like Christians who don't live
according to all the phrases of the Bible or teachings of their
organized churches.

How about a joke about children sexually abused during childhood who
grow up to be molesters? Would be just as funny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
On Feb 11, 1:45 pm, dgk wrote:

snip

Liberal weenie. Muslims are the largest hate group in the world.

No...Ignorant Morons are the largest hate group in the world.

plonk

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

The terrorists and the tribal leaders who support them are just like
American street gangs - they bring in young kids to train who have lived
their entire lives among war, criminals and violence. Gangs give
members "something" to belong to but also use violence to get them and
maintain their loyalty. So, we could say that the whole Catholic church
is bad because there are so many Catholic Latino street gangs if we
believed Muslims are bad; same logic.

LACK of logic. The Catholic Priests, cardinals, et al. are not the
ones encouraging the behavior and looking for snippets in the Bible to
take out of context to justify their behavior (The Catholics got that
idiocy out of the way during the Crusades.=).

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

The terrorists and the tribal leaders who support them are just like
American street gangs - they bring in young kids to train who have lived
their entire lives among war, criminals and violence. Gangs give
members "something" to belong to but also use violence to get them and
maintain their loyalty. So, we could say that the whole Catholic church
is bad because there are so many Catholic Latino street gangs if we
believed Muslims are bad; same logic.

LACK of logic. The Catholic Priests, cardinals, et al. are not the
ones encouraging the behavior and looking for snippets in the Bible to
take out of context to justify their behavior (The Catholics got that
idiocy out of the way during the Crusades.=).

Most of the conversation in blogs assign the sins of terrorists to all
Muslims, which is far from justified. There are plenty of radical
conservative Muslims, like Saudi's, who encourage abusive practices like
flogging but who aren't terrorists. Then there are moderate Muslims,
like Turks, Indian, Pakistani, Indonesia, Malaysia who are FRIENDLY to
US. The point I tried to make was that the alleged faith of bad guys -
remember Guyana and the purple KoolAid? - doesn't immplicate the entire
faith, which is how too many prejudiced people think and act.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:

Most of the conversation in blogs assign the sins of terrorists to all
Muslims, which is far from justified. There are plenty of radical
conservative Muslims, like Saudi's, who encourage abusive practices like
flogging but who aren't terrorists. Then there are moderate Muslims,
like Turks, Indian, Pakistani, Indonesia, Malaysia who are FRIENDLY to
US. The point I tried to make was that the alleged faith of bad guys -
remember Guyana and the purple KoolAid? - doesn't immplicate the entire
faith, which is how too many prejudiced people think and act.

What you're missing is this: while only a small minority of Muslims are
terrorists, the _overwhelming majority_ of terrorists are Muslims.

Statistically, that _cannot_ be a coincidence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Wow, talk about buying a pig in a poke. Though,
that might not be the expression I was looking
for.

Probably is, actually.

When are you going to fix your newsreader configuration so that your sig comes
at the *bottom*, where it belongs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , " wrote:

Most of the conversation in blogs assign the sins of terrorists to all
Muslims, which is far from justified. There are plenty of radical
conservative Muslims, like Saudi's, who encourage abusive practices like
flogging but who aren't terrorists. Then there are moderate Muslims,
like Turks, Indian, Pakistani, Indonesia, Malaysia who are FRIENDLY to
US. The point I tried to make was that the alleged faith of bad guys -
remember Guyana and the purple KoolAid? - doesn't immplicate the entire
faith, which is how too many prejudiced people think and act.

What you're missing is this: while only a small minority of Muslims are
terrorists, the _overwhelming majority_ of terrorists are Muslims.

BFD. The "overwhelming majority" of murderers in the US are
"christians". The "overwhelming majority" of Hispanic street gang
members in the US are Catholic. Adhering to archaic beliefs or quoting
religious messages still does not implicate the religious body. Look at
what is going on in Iran right now...already have executed people who
took part in street demonstrations against present dictator. Even
suicide bombers are often more victims than they are
"terrorists"...people who have lived under dictators like Ahmadinijad
and Saddam have never seen peace or justice, have had many family
members tortured and/or killed. Not much different, on an individual
human level than an abused/bullied child who resorts to suicide. Abused
individuals, mentally ill can be manipulated in many ways. Just about
every legitimate authoritarian body, from church to gov. to public
schools, attracts abusive criminals who victimize vulnerable people.

Statistically, that _cannot_ be a coincidence.

Statistics, out of context, are just numbers, not explanations or reasons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:

Most of the conversation in blogs assign the sins of terrorists to all
Muslims, which is far from justified. There are plenty of radical
conservative Muslims, like Saudi's, who encourage abusive practices like
flogging but who aren't terrorists. Then there are moderate Muslims,
like Turks, Indian, Pakistani, Indonesia, Malaysia who are FRIENDLY to
US. The point I tried to make was that the alleged faith of bad guys -
remember Guyana and the purple KoolAid? - doesn't immplicate the entire
faith, which is how too many prejudiced people think and act.

What you're missing is this: while only a small minority of Muslims are
terrorists, the _overwhelming majority_ of terrorists are Muslims.

BFD. The "overwhelming majority" of murderers in the US are
"christians". The "overwhelming majority" of Hispanic street gang
members in the US are Catholic.

That's obviously an artifact of demographics: the majority of almost
*anything* in the US is composed of Christians because the majority of the
population here is at least nominally Christian.

But Muslims are *not* a majority of the world's population, not even close.
And yet, worldwide, the overwhelming majority of terrorists are Muslims. Not
Christians. Not Jews. Not Buddhists. Not Hindus. Muslims.

Adhering to archaic beliefs or quoting
religious messages still does not implicate the religious body.

No, but religious leaders who continually praise those who maim and murder in
the name of their religion certainly does. There's exactly one religion on the
planet whose leaders do that. Care to guess which one it is?

Look at
what is going on in Iran right now...already have executed people who
took part in street demonstrations against present dictator.

Please note that countries in which the majority of the population is
Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu don't execute street demonstrators.

Even suicide bombers are often more victims than they are
"terrorists"...people who have lived under dictators like Ahmadinijad
and Saddam have never seen peace or justice, have had many family
members tortured and/or killed.

And because of that, they murder innocent strangers in marketplaces, bus
stops, and hotels, instead of blowing up the dictators who have tortured or
killed their family members.

Not much different, on an individual
human level than an abused/bullied child who resorts to suicide.

What a load of crap. Only a complete idiot could see "not much difference"
between an abused or bullied child who commits suicide, and a terrorist who
murders dozens of innocent victims as he blows himself up.

Abused
individuals, mentally ill can be manipulated in many ways. Just about
every legitimate authoritarian body, from church to gov. to public
schools, attracts abusive criminals who victimize vulnerable people.

And every day, those abused/bullied/tortured/victimized/whatever Christians,
Jews, Buddhists, and Hindus strap on explosive vests and blow themselves up
along with dozens of innocent strangers.

No, wait, they don't.

That would be *Muslims* that do that.

Statistically, that _cannot_ be a coincidence.

Statistics, out of context, are just numbers, not explanations or reasons.

I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.

Wonder how many Muslim terrorists there are worldwide, compared to KKK
membership (over time) in the US.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:37:47 -0500, "
wrote:

clipped

I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.

Wonder how many Muslim terrorists there are worldwide, compared to KKK
membership (over time) in the US.

The FBI should have the number for the KKK (over time). I doubt they
have any clue as to the number of radical Muslim terrorist.

Federal prisons are full of radical Muslims. Call it a take off of
Black Panthers or such. Plenty of "terrorist" are locked up, but I
can't find a single KKK member in the federal system sigh. Not even
a "Moonshiner".

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:
clipped

I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.

Wonder how many Muslim terrorists there are worldwide, compared to KKK
membership (over time) in the US.

Wonder why you continue to make excuses for Muslim terrorism.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , " wrote:
clipped
I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.

Wonder how many Muslim terrorists there are worldwide, compared to KKK
membership (over time) in the US.

Wonder why you continue to make excuses for Muslim terrorism.

I've made no excuses for terrorism. Just trying to sort out the
prejudice against Muslims vs. terrorists.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:47:28 -0600, Erma1ina
wrote:

Wonder why you continue to make excuses for Muslim terrorism.

The Hug-A-Thug program is not a new concept.

Just saying.

You're a closed-minded little know-nothing.

And you, are an opended minded know everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dgk" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
m:

[...]

Welcome to my kill file dip****...You're number 3...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:
clipped
I did not say otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the prevalence of
terrorists is so vastly greater among Muslims than among other religious
groups that there must a reason for that.
Wonder how many Muslim terrorists there are worldwide, compared to KKK
membership (over time) in the US.

Wonder why you continue to make excuses for Muslim terrorism.

I've made no excuses for terrorism. Just trying to sort out the
prejudice against Muslims vs. terrorists.

You've done nothing *but* make excuses for Muslim terrorism -- witness your
idiotic equating of terrorist suicide bombers who kill dozens of innocents
with disturbed individuals who take *only* their own lives.

Whether you like it or not, it is a plain fact that the overwhelming majority
of the acts of terrorism in the world today are committed by Muslims.

It is also a plain fact that you continue to make excuses for them.

I'd like to know why.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , " wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:
clipped
[...]

Understanding and making excuses are entirely different concepts, which
you obviously can't comprehend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can't remember totally for sure. But I'm fairly
sure that my church issued a statement decrying
the senseless violence of the Christian bpmber.
Why would the Pope comment on a crazy American
bpmber with a truck load of fertilizer?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
news

How many Christians have disavowed the terrorism
of Christian bpmber
Timothy McVeigh?

The Pope has even been silent on the matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

At least the Pope isn't saying that McVeigh will
dwell in Heaven with 72 nuns with starched habits,
and metal rulers. Now, what is three times seventy
two! And sit up straight. I won't have any
slouching in Heaven.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in
message
m...

The Pope has even been silent on the matter.

Of course the main difference is that none of the
Cardinals or priests
have been calling on The Faithful to follow in
TM's footsteps. McVeigh's
actions are not being lauded and he is certainly
not being held up as a
great role model by the Clergy.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
--Eric Clapton

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:
clipped
[...]

And you can't tell which is which. And so you continue to excuse the
inexcusable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I can't remember totally for sure. But I'm fairly
sure that my church issued a statement decrying
the senseless violence of the Christian bpmber.
Why would the Pope comment on a crazy American
bpmber with a truck load of fertilizer?

When are you going to fix your newsreader configuration so it puts your sig at
the bottom where it belongs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Stormin Mormon" wrote:
At least the Pope isn't saying that McVeigh will
dwell in Heaven with 72 nuns with starched habits,
and metal rulers. Now, what is three times seventy
two! And sit up straight. I won't have any
slouching in Heaven.

When are you going to fix your newsreader configuration so it puts your sig at
the bottom where it belongs?

OT - Humor... again Mike Marlow[_2_] Woodworking 5 July 18th 09 02:56 AM
OT humor jo4hn Woodworking 10 August 16th 06 10:45 PM
OT Humor: A Little Senior Humor jo4hn Woodworking 3 November 13th 05 01:31 AM
OT - Humor Jack Woodworking 2 January 6th 05 11:01 AM
OT-Humor Bob Schmall Woodworking 1 November 25th 04 03:02 AM