Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what materials do i need?

On Feb 5, 3:57*pm, "rb" wrote:
Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me to cut
some figures from stuff with tin snips. * Need following:

1. *Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths.

2. *Can snip it OK with tin snips.

3. *Inexpensive

4. *3/8" thickness for one size

5. *1/16" or slightly thinnner for another size.

What I have to do is shape and put together some things which will hold
stuff together over doors, etc (I have magnets which I need to match up
fitting on doors that are uneven).

What things? What stuff? Is the installation short-term or
permanent?
You'll get better answers if you provide more information.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 5, 3:57�pm, "rb" wrote:
Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me to cut
some figures from stuff with tin snips. � Need following:

1. �Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths.

2. �Can snip it OK with tin snips.

3. �Inexpensive

4. �3/8" thickness for one size

5. �1/16" or slightly thinnner for another size.

What I have to do is shape and put together some things which will hold
stuff together over doors, etc (I have magnets which I need to match up
fitting on doors that are uneven).

Styrofoam..........that's as good an answer as your question.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rb" wrote in :

Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me to
cut some figures from stuff with tin snips. Need following:

1. Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths.

2. Can snip it OK with tin snips.

3. Inexpensive

4. 3/8" thickness for one size

5. 1/16" or slightly thinnner for another size.

What I have to do is shape and put together some things which will
hold stuff together over doors, etc (I have magnets which I need to
match up fitting on doors that are uneven).

The things they have at places can be cut and shaped by into things by
things that will hold stuff.

[I mean like wtf do you expect for a reply?]

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me
to cut some figures from stuff with tin snips. Need following:

1. Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths.

2. Can snip it OK with tin snips.

3. Inexpensive

4. 3/8" thickness for one size

5. 1/16" or slightly thinnner for another size.

What I have to do is shape and put together some things which will
hold stuff together over doors, etc (I have magnets which I need to
match up fitting on doors that are uneven).

I think a perfect solution would be to get the type of material they have
for doing this kind of stuff with. You can easily cut it with tin snips and
it is also inexpensive, plus it comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes.

If you aren't sure if it will work, just call them up and they will gladly
send you a sample.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

short term.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 5, 3:50*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
rb wrote:
Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me
to cut some figures from stuff with tin snips. * Need following:

1. *Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths.

2. *Can snip it OK with tin snips.

3. *Inexpensive

4. *3/8" thickness for one size

5. *1/16" or slightly thinnner for another size.

What I have to do is shape and put together some things which will
hold stuff together over doors, etc (I have magnets which I need to
match up fitting on doors that are uneven).

I think a perfect solution would be to get the type of material they have
for doing this kind of stuff with. *You can easily cut it with tin snips and
it is also inexpensive, plus it comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes.

If you aren't sure if it will work, just call them up and they will gladly
send you a sample.

Jon- Hide quoted text -

And of course we need to know what colors you need and if it can be
painted, stained, electroplated, anodized, weatherproofed,
electricallly conducting, , etc. I hope the OP guy/gap is just
trolling, otherwise he/she should be up for a Darwin award.
Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

We're not there, yet. Keep those answers coming....

Help locating materials Slider UK diy 5 May 13th 09 11:45 AM
Where to get raw materials in PA? Joe Woodworking 5 April 26th 07 06:32 AM
Materials for casting Fred Holder Woodturning 13 May 10th 06 04:38 AM
Non-toxic materials [email protected] Woodworking 29 December 10th 05 06:13 PM
Deck Materials? PaPaPeng Home Repair 4 May 17th 05 04:47 PM