Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help locating materials

Hi guys

I am extending a small garden wall. I have managed to find matching bricks,
but the coping stones are finding hard to get. It's a basic twice weathered
600mm x 127mm in buff. Only need 7, anyone got any lying around they don't
want? Will gladly pay for them. Have tried several builders merchants around
here, and all have said they are very hard to get.

I'm in the Leeds , West Yorkshire area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi guys

I am extending a small garden wall. I have managed to find matching
bricks,
but the coping stones are finding hard to get. It's a basic twice
weathered
600mm x 127mm in buff. Only need 7, anyone got any lying around they
don't want? Will gladly pay for them. Have tried several builders
merchants around here, and all have said they are very hard to get.

I'm in the Leeds , West Yorkshire area.

Have you tried a reclaim yard?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi guys

I am extending a small garden wall. I have managed to find matching
bricks,
but the coping stones are finding hard to get. It's a basic twice
weathered
600mm x 127mm in buff. Only need 7, anyone got any lying around they
don't want? Will gladly pay for them. Have tried several builders
merchants around here, and all have said they are very hard to get.

I'm in the Leeds , West Yorkshire area.

Have you tried a reclaim yard?

Not yet, just been looking for them in the Leeds area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi guys

I am extending a small garden wall. I have managed to find matching
bricks,
but the coping stones are finding hard to get. It's a basic twice
weathered
600mm x 127mm in buff. Only need 7, anyone got any lying around they
don't want? Will gladly pay for them. Have tried several builders
merchants around here, and all have said they are very hard to get.

I'm in the Leeds , West Yorkshire area.

Have you tried a reclaim yard?

Not yet, just been looking for them in the Leeds area.

The hint might be, as to whether it's worth bothering - are they a type of
coping you see around (ie a local thing). If so, there's a better than zero
chance you might get lucky.

Are the stones really stone? Again, if so, they are the sort of thing that
might well make it back to a yard. Random concrete jobbies are going to get
skipped or turned into hardcore...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
[...]

Don't think it's stone, more like cast concrete. Think I am going to remove
the existing and replace with something else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Don't think it's stone, more like cast concrete. Think I am going to
remove the existing and replace with something else.

Can you make some then? Like a plywood former to match the existing.

Cheers,

Tim