Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall Pricing?

I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

Drywall prices fluctuate. Your best bet is to just pick up the phone and
give them a call.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Paulsen wrote:
Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

Drywall prices fluctuate. Your best bet is to just pick up the phone and
give them a call.

Only drywall I would even consider for basement use, unless I lived in a
desert, is that new stuff (yellow, around here) with non-paper facing.
Damp drywall is a PITA.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

Ummm, get iny our car and gto to the nearest store and take a look at
the price tag over the display rack that has the stuff you want? That's
how we used to to it in the old days. Not sure if that works anymore
though...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Mike Paulsen wrote:
Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

Drywall prices fluctuate. Your best bet is to just pick up the phone and
give them a call.

Only drywall I would even consider for basement use, unless I lived in a
desert, is that new stuff (yellow, around here) with non-paper facing.
Damp drywall is a PITA.

--
aem sends...

Ditto on the fiberglass faced...The only draw back is that the whole sheet
has to be skimmed...You also have to use JUST the setting type compounds and
mold resistant Fibatape as they don't mold like regular drywall mud and
paper tape...It is a whole system....If that route is to much for you get
the mold resistant rock and tape as you normally would...HTH...

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
Mike Paulsen wrote:
Ivan wrote:
[...]

Personally, I prefer bare concrete in a basement. It's a BASEMENT. But
if the walls must be covered, I'd go with paneling of some sort,
probably attached in some way that it can be non-destructively removed.
(Think panels hung like a curtain from sill plate, or a cleat up high.)
Things below grade have a nasty habit of leaking, or at least getting damp.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

I have heard that the Chinese stuff is pretty reasonably priced.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:11:10 -0800 (PST), Ivan
wrote:

I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

The green mold-resistant is about a dollar more per sheet, maybe $11
for a 4x8 sheet. The paper is treated, a good idea for a basement.
Drywall, drywall compound, mesh tape are relatively inexpensive. Go
to Home Depot or Lowes to get prices.

B&Q Pricing?? John UK diy 32 February 4th 07 06:36 PM
Spons and pricing Archroy UK diy 2 January 23rd 07 12:37 AM
Used TV pricing, and other questions [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 October 25th 06 09:09 PM
Pricing some used tools Just Bob Woodworking 13 September 5th 04 12:34 AM
Pricing Bernie Bober Woodturning 7 July 20th 04 05:55 AM