Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Drywall Pricing?

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Mike Paulsen wrote:
Ivan wrote:
I need to replace drywall in my basement. I understand it comes in
regular, mold-resistant, and greenboard varieties, and I want to find
their relative prices. But I could not find that info via Google or
in the Homedepot and Lowes Websites. (Prices of drywall nails,
screws, tools, spackle, spackling tape, corner moldings, etc are
listed in exhausting detail, but prices of drywall itself are not in
evidence.) Where can I get this info?

Drywall prices fluctuate. Your best bet is to just pick up the phone and
give them a call.

Only drywall I would even consider for basement use, unless I lived in a
desert, is that new stuff (yellow, around here) with non-paper facing.
Damp drywall is a PITA.

--
aem sends...

Ditto on the fiberglass faced...The only draw back is that the whole sheet
has to be skimmed...You also have to use JUST the setting type compounds and
mold resistant Fibatape as they don't mold like regular drywall mud and
paper tape...It is a whole system....If that route is to much for you get
the mold resistant rock and tape as you normally would...HTH...