Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Husky Powerwasher 1750

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it
work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water
sprays.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it
work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water
sprays.

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.

Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure setting of my adjustable spray head.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveBell" wrote in message
a.org...
Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it
work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water
sprays.

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.

Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure setting
of my adjustable spray head.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Arlington, TX USA

Exactly right. Same on Karcher and several other brands I've used.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jan 30, 5:10*pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"SteveBell" wrote in message

a.org...

Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it
work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water
sprays.

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.

Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure setting
of my adjustable spray head.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Arlington, TX USA

Exactly right. Same on Karcher and several other brands I've used.

Thanks guys...I'll give that a try, for my cars anyway.

Seems kinda stupid tho if you wanna *pressure* wash with something
like bleach.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron | 2010-01-31 | 1:17:59 AM wrote:

On Jan 30, 5:10*pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"SteveBell" wrote in message

a.org...

Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had
it work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only
water sprays.

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.

Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure
setting of my adjustable spray head.

Exactly right. Same on Karcher and several other brands I've used.

Thanks guys...I'll give that a try, for my cars anyway.

Seems kinda stupid tho if you wanna pressure wash with something
like bleach.

OK, I see your concern.

Bleach doesn't go through at high pressure because it wouldn't be in
contact with the surface long enough to do any good.

You use the low-pressure setting to spray the bleach where you want it,
and wait 20 minutes or so while the bleach does its work, keeping the
surface damp (dried bleach doesn't do much good).

Finally, you use the high-pressure setting to rinse off the bleach
water and remove stuck-on dirt.

If you want to be *really* thorough: power-wash, bleach, power-wash.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jan 31, 11:52*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
As part of my anti husky campaign, I shall offer the following advice:

Husky is crap. *I bought one, used it three times in over a year, it failed,
and because it was over a year old, they wouldn't do anything.

HUSKY IS CRAP. *BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want a real power washer, buy a real one.

Steve

Well, considering how little I use it (bought it mainly to PW my house
before painting it) it has lasted me 4 yrs and still works fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ron" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 11:52 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
As part of my anti husky campaign, I shall offer the following advice:

Husky is crap. I bought one, used it three times in over a year, it
failed,
and because it was over a year old, they wouldn't do anything.

HUSKY IS CRAP. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want a real power washer, buy a real one.

Steve

Well, considering how little I use it (bought it mainly to PW my house
before painting it) it has lasted me 4 yrs and still works fine.

Mine lasted 4 uses.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Steve B typed:
As part of my anti husky campaign, I shall offer the following advice:

Husky is crap. I bought one, used it three times in over a year, it
failed, and because it was over a year old, they wouldn't do anything.

HUSKY IS CRAP. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want a real power washer, buy a real one.

Steve

What was the reason for it being crap?

Sounds like you may have stored it improperly.

I've found Husky to be as good as any of the others on the market.

HTH,

Twayne

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Steve B typed:
As part of my anti husky campaign, I shall offer the following advice:

Husky is crap. I bought one, used it three times in over a year, it
failed, and because it was over a year old, they wouldn't do anything.

HUSKY IS CRAP. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want a real power washer, buy a real one.

Steve

What was the reason for it being crap?

Sounds like you may have stored it improperly.
I've found Husky to be as good as any of the others on the market.
HTH,

Twayne

I used it four times. I went to use it, and it leaked like a sieve. In the
meantime, it was kept indoors. What is improper storage?

Steve