Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Husky Powerwasher 1750

On Jan 31, 2:53*pm, "SteveBell" wrote:
Ron | 2010-01-31 | 1:17:59 AM wrote:

On Jan 30, 5:10 pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"SteveBell" wrote in message

lla.org...

Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

Anyone here own one of these?

If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had
it work?

I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only
water sprays.

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.

Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure
setting of my adjustable spray head.

Exactly right. Same on Karcher and several other brands I've used.

Thanks guys...I'll give that a try, for my cars anyway.

Seems kinda stupid tho if you wanna pressure wash with something
like bleach.

OK, I see your concern.

Bleach doesn't go through at high pressure because it wouldn't be in
contact with the surface long enough to do any good.

You use the low-pressure setting to spray the bleach where you want it,
and wait 20 minutes or so while the bleach does its work, keeping the
surface damp (dried bleach doesn't do much good).

Finally, you use the high-pressure setting to rinse off the bleach
water and remove stuck-on dirt.

If you want to be *really* thorough: power-wash, bleach, power-wash.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Thanks!