Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raleigh-Durham, NC

Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham,
NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability.
I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 8:10*am, mcp6453 wrote:
Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham,
NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability.
I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Luckily some handymen know what craigslist it. Click this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/

Then find this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/1564832023.html

Good luck! Some folks that post on craigslist are flakes, so ask lots
of questions.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2010 9:38 AM, Mike wrote:
On Jan 22, 8:10 am, mcp6453 wrote:
Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham,
NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability.
I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Luckily some handymen know what craigslist it. Click this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/

Then find this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/1564832023.html

Good luck! Some folks that post on craigslist are flakes, so ask lots
of questions.

Yeah, craigslist scares me for these sorts of things. It would be nice to find
one of the very helpful and knowledgeable "regulars" here is a neighbor. Thanks
for the suggestion, though. I had not thought about checking them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
On 1/22/2010 9:38 AM, Mike wrote:
On Jan 22, 8:10 am, mcp6453 wrote:
Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from
Raleigh-Durham,
NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager
capability.
I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Luckily some handymen know what craigslist it. Click this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/

Then find this -

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/1564832023.html

Good luck! Some folks that post on craigslist are flakes, so ask lots
of questions.

Yeah, craigslist scares me for these sorts of things. It would be nice to
find
one of the very helpful and knowledgeable "regulars" here is a neighbor.
Thanks
for the suggestion, though. I had not thought about checking them.

My wife found some reasonably good people to put our new kitchen sink in
using an internet service. I told her to check the references after they
replied. She got several to respond but we went with the ones with the best
reviews. (electrician and plumber)

Normally I would of installed the sink but we had to have a new outlet
installed, a insta-hot water heater and the RO filter system. I didn't want
to spend that much time under the sink.

I don't think I'd use cl either. Or anyone without checking them out as much
as possible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
...., I've never met a handyman who knew what
Usenet was.

I can't find ANYONE who know what Usenet is -- or even wants to know what
Usenet is -- except for the person who showed me what it is years ago.
Seems like it's a shame because it is such an excellent resource. I use it
all the time, but only to communicate with people online who somehow already
know what it is.

And, now, Windows 7 doesn't even contain a newsreader or Usenet access
software.

(I just decided to post this as a new thread and continue my thoughts on
this).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Angie"s List may be helpful for things such as this. BTW, I have a new
computer-- about 2 months old- with Windows 7, and I can access this
group. Never tried to post from it though. I will probably eventually
get rid of the WebTv, but for this, and a few other things it is more
convenient for me than the computer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2010 10:51 AM, Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:
Angie"s List may be helpful for things such as this. BTW, I have a new
computer-- about 2 months old- with Windows 7, and I can access this
group. Never tried to post from it though. I will probably eventually
get rid of the WebTv, but for this, and a few other things it is more
convenient for me than the computer.

Thunderbird is an EXCELLENT and free news reader that can be installed on
Windows 7. If you add a couple of add-ins, you can configure Thunderbird to do
exactly what you want.

If anyone is interested in switch to Thunderbird, I'll be glad to post my
suggestions, in a different thread.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 8:10*am, mcp6453 wrote:
Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham,
NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability.
I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Pretty scarce in the review department in your area, but it will give
you some leads.
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...=cont ractors